Tremaine Edmunds contract comparison

Buffalo_Stampede

When Edmunds puts up a season like what Campbell did last year, then he can talk to the Bills about a contract extension.

Until then, Buffalo should be finding a lower priced vet and develop a younger cheaper MLB.  Can't keep paying all these defensive guys big contracts on defense at the expense of the offense.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's amazing how split we are on this guy. Crazy thing is he's a quiet player also. No look at me stuff.

Such a strange topic for me.

It really is. Not only is the board split, but I think a number of us fight our own internal battles trying to get a real bead on his play.

I'll admit the Cover1 videos do a lot to help his image. A number of things I've bashed him for look a little less severe when put into the proper context of his true responsibilities and the amount this scheme asks of him to cover.

But every series of every game I say "Cmon Tremaine, we just need 1 play", and it literally never comes. So even if he is making the calls, and responsible for multiple gaps, and is clogging up passing lanes... I'm not seeing anything actually come of it. No big plays from him, nor really anyone directly around him.

Tough one.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It's amazing how split we are on this guy. Crazy thing is he's a quiet player also. No look at me stuff.

I can remember how polarizing Chris Kelsay used to be. Now TE has appropriately moved into that category. 

• Like (+1) 1

There is no way that Tremaine is going to sign a 5 year deal for 50 million. He is guaranteed to make 12.7 this year which is 27% more than 10 million for this year. There is no reason for him not to bet on himself. He would take the 12.7 million this year and believe that he can get a better contract next year (better than 5 years for 50 million).

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not strange at all. Pose the same question but at 18 mil instead of 10 and see what responses you get. 

At this point you can live with Tremaine at 10 mil because he's athletic and still young. 😂😂😂

But at 18m? 😵😵😵😵

15 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Not strange at all. Pose the same question but at 18 mil instead of 10 and see what responses you get. 

At this point you can live with Tremaine at 10 mil because he's athletic and still young. 😂😂😂

But at 18m? 😵😵😵😵

Not sure I can live with him at 10.  I mean, he's played in the league 4 years now and is 23 years old.  How much more can we keep trotting out these age excuses when he just doesn't process the game fast enough? He improved a bit this year but is there really an explosive improvement awaiting his future?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.