Guard Rodger Saffold to Bills per Adam Schefter [now with contract details]]

Process

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

As was his extension 

Milano was never a Free Agent tho. That's the point. The guys that hit the market do so to get overpaid.

We have re-signed White, Milano, Dawkins, and Johnson to good value deals because they DONT hit free agency. And if they had hit free agency, whatever team they went to would have paid more than we did in the extension.

Yes, I agree, you can find good value free agents, but it is almost never on day 1 of free agency. We'll see what the Saffold deal looks like...

Works for me.  I haven’t heard from my TN friends he’s dropped off on his play.  We’ll probably do a second day draft option.  I doubt two though.  We still will be looking for a CB, possible WR if we don’t agree to a deal with Landry, and yes probably another DE or DT.

I still think we should bundle picks and get the best quality if we can get trade partners.  We most likely need about four to five high quality picks.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we draft a punter in the 7th and potentially dump. Haack even if he did take a pay cut. 

43 minutes ago, Mango said:

Right. That is sort of what I got. I get we have to run the ball better. But if I have to choose between the pass blocker or the run blocker, and I pay my QB $45M+, I’m taking the pass blocker. 

I know we didn’t like the Williams contract. But 12th highest paid OG in the league is trending towards average and we got that production out of him. 

My initial thought is I would have preferred to maybe extend Williams and up his guaranteed money to lower his cap hit rather than pay a premium for Saffold. 

There’s also a strong possibility I am an idiot. So who can really say who is right and who isn’t? 

as said above, williams is not a kromer guy (gets off balance, misses reads sometimes and blocks the hash mark, while being a fairly talented veteran), this guy is.  kromer likes em nasty and agile, morse it think is just an overall solid pro, bates is really cheap vs his quality at G, our LT is a good one.  i think the giant rookie we have at RT (2nd year next) is a kromer guy because he's raw and coachable but freakishly athletic.

i kinda hope ford is too, but he just seems like a total dud.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, daz28 said:

How much we pay him is going to answer the million dollar question of if old vets will sign here to chase a championship.  I like the signing.  Guys an absolute beast, played well last year, can tutor draft pick,  doesn't hurt comp pick, will make it so Josh can do an actual realistic play-action, and already knows his 2nd year is a void year.

Agreed.  Gotta wait for the numbers. 

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Milano was never a Free Agent tho. That's the point. The guys that hit the market do so to get overpaid.

We have re-signed White, Milano, Dawkins, and Johnson to good value deals because they DONT hit free agency. And if they had hit free agency, whatever team they went to would have paid more than we did in the extension.

Yes, I agree, you can find good value free agents, but it is almost never on day 1 of free agency. We'll see what the Saffold deal looks like...

That’s why I said extension…..he signed the day before FA, like Isaiah, who I mentioned as a value.  They didn’t hit the market but their contracts were up and were scheduled to be UFA the following day.  It was their choice to give us a value contract.  

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This isn’t quite “day 1 of free agency”, though. It’s PRE free agency with a player that was cut. We have to hope the lure of Kromer and chasing a ring is what brought him here, not a mega bucks contract. I have faith it will be a reasonable deal, but time will tell.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I was still processing the Saffold signing and see him doing a press conference. I was like what? Lol. That was fast.

evidently he was in buffalo since he was cut.  they wanted to check on the shoulder and such

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

That might be a sign were done for the day if had pressers.

Both have been in buffalo for Days considering one is on Contract already and the Other is free to sign unlike all these other non official reports at this point

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

evidently he was in buffalo since he was cut.  they wanted to check on the shoulder and such

That, and I expect Saffold wanted to check out B'lo and the Bills facilities as well.

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Both have been in buffalo for Days considering one is on Contract already and the Other is free to sign unlike all these other non official reports at this point

I didn't think Morse was in Buffalo.  He didn't appear to be in the B'lo interview facilities.

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

That might be a sign were done for the day if had pressers.

No, it's just a sign that these are a player still under contract and a player who is free to sign immediately, vs a guy who can't sign until Weds.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.