Guard Rodger Saffold to Bills per Adam Schefter [now with contract details]]

Process

2 hours ago, eball said:

I’m sort of meh on this signing, but an underrated aspect of the move is that Saffold will be a Kromer advocate in the locker room.

They needed guard help. They got guard help. Now they don't have to rush Boettger back from his achilles or plug in a draft pick before he's ready. 

Bills guards last year were pretty crappy for most of the season. Boettger and Bates were good later but they still need help at that position. 

10 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Didn't he make the Pro Bowl for the first time in his career last year?

Yes he did. I think this is a very good signing. An above average to excellent guard. Veteran, versatile, and from the interview, clearly a likeable, coachable, well-spoken guy. One year deal, perfect. Might not be the G of the future, but it gives the team time to develop a young guy for that role and in the meantime a guy Kromer likes.

We still need to add another OG as a backup & a backup Center, maybe a guy in the draft who can do both. We can't count on Boettger for anything, he was replacement level at-best before the worst injury possible for a football player. If he makes it back, doubtful it'll be in 22'.

34 years old coming off a middle of the pack season. He'll help but I don't see a whole lot to be excited about. Would be better if he had some young talent to mentor while here. This is a patch for a year, doesn't solve anything but a lot better than nothing.

Glowinski is 4 years younger and playing better, Giants will have him for a few years to come at a reasonable rate. I was hoping for something more than a fading veteran for a year, especially considering the Bills have no young talent at the position. 

8 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Didn't he make the Pro Bowl for the first time in his career last year?

That means a lot, right?

Last year was not his best season as a pro. He was above average at best. The Pro Bowl designation is a joke. The Bills Pro Bowl linebacker is one of the weakest players on their defense.

Edited by Turk71
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Turk71 said:

34 years old coming off a middle of the pack season. He'll help but I don't see a whole lot to be excited about. Would be better if he had some young talent to mentor while here. This is a patch for a year, doesn't solve anything but a lot better than nothing.

Glowinski is 4 years younger and playing better, Giants will have him for a few years to come at a reasonable rate. I was hoping for something more than a fading veteran for a year, especially considering the Bills have no young talent at the position. 

That means a lot, right?

Last year was not his best season as a pro. He was above average at best. The Pro Bowl designation is a joke. The Bills Pro Bowl linebacker is one of the weakest players on their defense.

I think the big factor is he knows Kromer’s scheme, Kromer knows him, and he is a huge upgrade in the run blocking compared to what we had

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

How are there no contract details yet on this signing?

We don't even know what he signed for.

Most likely more than you think! The terms for Jones took awhile and turned out to be double what I expected.  

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think the big factor is he knows Kromer’s scheme, Kromer knows him, and he is a huge upgrade in the run blocking compared to what we had

It is an excellent signing, the best thing here is the massive size and strength upgrade from Feliciano. Saffold is man strong dude arms and build is so much better. 

Excellent signing. I love it.  

• Disagree 1

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You're just flat out wrong.  You are also flat out wrong with blue cheese with wings too.

WNY needs a reality check in regards to this.

Blue cheese with wings is legit. I'm not even from WNY

Dairy counterbalances spice like nothing else. Clearly it was God's intention they be paired.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.