Guard Rodger Saffold to Bills per Adam Schefter [now with contract details]]

Process

I’m okay with it. Hopefully on a cheap one year deal. Remember him spending a lot of time on the ground last year. Not sure if he had a shoulder injury or not which may explain that a bit. Imagine he retires after this year.  Not overly excited here. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mango said:

Admittedly I am not an OL wonk like some of the others around here, but I get the impression he isn’t the same guy anymore. 

Hoping this isn’t big money. 

Anybody smarter than me have any insights?

He could be well off his best years and still be a big upgrade over the Bills current guards.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Where's the cap number? Get me the numbaz

Could be updated since I checked, but it looks like, per spotrac we had just under ~$6 mil in space post-cut of Williams, post-signing of Bates and McKenzie, but PRE-Saffold. I don't think anybody has the deetz on that contract. There's a lot of work that can be done and that number includes Beasley's cap hit, which obviously should come off at some point

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.