Guard Rodger Saffold to Bills per Adam Schefter [now with contract details]]

Process

1 minute ago, billybob71 said:

The way Beane thinks Saffold  day one starter but as year unfolds and a young guy (draft pick) emerges Saffold then quality depth

We can only hope.  Would be good to have him fresh for later in the year if he's needed.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

We'll draft a guard to compete with Bates and maybe bring in one more but the oline is set and I think it's got potential to be an elite one if Brown makes a huge leap.  

Like a top 5 line if that happens.  

And i feel Brown is gonna make that leap, at least i hope i really like that kid

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I like it. Short year or 2 signing hopefully at fair price. The Tenn OL was really good last season. Even during all their injuries it seemed as if they didn't skip a beat. This guy was a part of that. So I can get behind it

The Tennessee OL was really good run blocking last year and terrible in pass protection.  Burrow was sacked 51 times, most in the league.  Tannehill was sacked 47.  2nd most.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't have game-by-game stats or know where to find them, but IIRC one point several guys who follow the team were making is that Allen's strong ball skills working from under center were being under-utilized because we were mostly in shotgun, and not running enough from shotgun to sell play action there.

Yeah, I'm not sure where to find game by game breakdown re the types of plays run. There is no doubt that Allen's skills are at their best when he is under center and that, early in the season he was under center less than later in the season. I'm not sure if it was Daboll, the inconsistency of the line play, something else, or a combination of things, but it was an issue. With Allen, they really do need to have a running game tht defenses respect. He certainly can win without a good running game, but he is even a better QB with a decent running game.

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The Tennessee OL was really good run blocking last year and terrible in pass protection.  Burrow was sacked 51 times, most in the league.  Tannehill was sacked 47.  2nd most.

I think it's possible that has something to do with Burrow and Tannehill, not to mention the sort of passing game they run.

Also in Tennessee, the absence of Henry and the fear he puts into opposing pass rushers may have had an effect.  Though to be fair, Tannehill had 2 awful games (6 sacks, 7 sacks) and they were Weeks 1 and 4...against the Jets.  the Freakin Jets.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it's possible that has something to do with Burrow and Tannehill, not to mention the sort of passing game they run.

Also in Tennessee, the absence of Henry and the fear he puts into opposing pass rushers.

Something to do with burrow and Tannehill, sure.  More to do with OL play imo.  

Saffold couldn’t stop talking about the training facility.

The training facility continues to be one of the very best and smartest things the Pegulas have done since becoming owners.

It cannot be overstated how big a role it plays in luring quality players here, getting players to re-sign here, and keeping players healthy.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

Saffold couldn’t stop talking about the training facility.

The training facility continues to be one of the very best and smartest things the Pegulas have done since becoming owners.

It cannot be overstated how big a role it plays in luring quality players here, getting players to re-sign here, and keeping players healthy.

As an older player dealing with an injury (nerve issue in Shoulder), Saffold can appreciate the training staff, equipment and rehab setup for sure!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah I can't argue that very much, but I will say at times Tannehill was at fault for a bit of those sacks also. Either way, I still don't mind the signing

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.