Trubisky signs with Steelers

YoloinOhio

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

Good for him. I am really curious about money. Could be 5m, could be 12m, maybe more. I honestly have no clue. And it matters for Bills also due to comp pick formula.

Don't think they are bringing him in to compete. They are signing him as a starter which means $10M +.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

I guess he will have one game circled for sure come 2022…and he’s fed up playing 2nd fiddle.

I hope the Bills have that game circled from that embarrassing performance from last season.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

Seems like the Colts don’t have a solid plan.

They still have options. Jimmy G would be a great fit for them and be in their price range draft picks wise. I also think they are rumored to be in on Jordan Love which is another solid option for them. 

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Agree. I will say I'd rather see him with the Steelers than the Colts - as I think the Colts would be a really dangerous team with competent QB play.

Steelers have a better roster outside of QB. But tougher division.

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Interesting.  Makes sense, but didn't see that coming.  I'm very curious to see the financials.  I though the rumors to the Giants was just poor journalism.  If he gets over 20 mil, the Bills and Josh deserve a cut

Ha, Trubisky isn't sharing with the $258M man.

But I agree it gives the Steelers something they lack - a legitimate starting QB who can play in their offense.

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This is a great fit.

That said, I don't understand why the Mariotta market is hotter than the Trubisky one-- I personally would rather give Mariotta a second shot over MT. 

You don't understand why the Mariotta market IS hotter, or ISN'T hotter?  By the 2nd sentence, you mean the latter.

1) Mariota would be on his third shot, not his 2nd.  In 2020, the Raiders brought him in at 2 yrs/$18M to compete with Carr.  He flamed out.

2) Comparison

https://stathead.com/football/pcm_finder.cgi?player_id2=TrubMi00&player_id1=MariMa01&sum=0&request=1

I think it shows what my eyeballs tell me, which is that Trubisky is a better player, but YMMV - they're certainly close

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This is a great fit.

That said, I don't understand why the Mariotta market is hotter than the Trubisky one-- I personally would rather give Mariotta a second shot over MT. 

Probably just the injury concerns. Mariotta I think first play for Vegas last year busted a 20+ yard run and then was hurt for like 6 weeks after it. He probably comes with much more risk with his injury history 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Can’t wait to see the money on this one. No one wanted him last year. He sits for a year and doesn’t play, and somehow everyone forgot his Chicago tape and the reasons no one wanted him last off season. 

Difference between a year with five round 1 Quarterbacks and a year with arguably 0. 

1 minute ago, Process said:

Steelers have a better roster outside of QB. But tougher division.

I don't know about that. I think Indy's offensive line and ability to run the ball are far better than the Steelers. Combine that with a QB that could give them consistent, competent QB play and, IMO, they are the more dangerous team.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Good place for him. Wish him luck, except when he plays us.

….or we are competing for playoff seeding. Which is almost certainly the case. Maybe we can get Fitzy to be his backup? That would take care of the problem! 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.