Trubisky signs with Steelers

YoloinOhio

Sam Monson

@PFF_Sam

·

2h

They just signed a QB for $15m a season. If that doesn't affect your status with the team, your status was a backup to begin with.

Quote Tweet

Gerry Dulac

@gerrydulac

· 3h

The Steelers plan to have Trubisky challenge Mason Rudolph as the replacement for Ben Roethlisberger, per sources. The deal does not affect Rudolph's status with the team and he is not expected to be traded or ask for a trade.

I'm not sure if Sam Monson, of PFF. Is just spitballong that'll be in the $15M range or if he's heard something, but this the first I've seen a value assigned to what Tribusky signed for.

If it is indeed for $15M per year we are in line for a 3rd round comp. Pick assuming we have a net loss of FA's. A nice gift!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

I completely disagree and think that he is a second rate QB.

If I am wrong it will not be the first time.

Agreed. His TD/INT ratio is 64-38... that puts him in the Peterman zone, which is zone 9.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Before I would say you’re wrong, I would ask what you mean by “second rate quarterback”

I mean a quarterback who is incapable of leading a decent, or even good team to a .500 record. I don't even consider him to be almost as good as Cousins. 

Let me repeat.....I have been wrong before about QBs. I thought that RJ had the potential for greatness. RJ didn't have the head for the game but he was 2x as talented as Trubisky imo.

1 hour ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I expect the Steelers to make it a run heavy offense, asking Trubisky to be a game manager. They have Harris and a decent corps to support such an offense. I expect the Steelers to do well with MT

Perhaps. I for one cannot picture this.

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

I wouldn’t count on comp picks.  Pretty sure Beane will have more free agents signings than losses 

depends if Settle and Jones qualify. I’m not sure they will. 6 million is rolling a 6th rounder these days and I don’t either got that much. It will be interesting to see their numbers 

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

depends if Settle and Jones qualify. I’m not sure they will. 6 million is rolling a 6th rounder these days and I don’t either got that much. It will be interesting to see their numbers 

Why wouldn’t they qualify.  If we sign 1 more free agent than we lose we get nothing regardless of what the guys we lost sign for.  

Edited by GolfandBills

Just now, GolfandBills said:

Why wouldn’t they qualify 

you still have to make an eligible level of salary to count. Many guys don’t qualify. Looks like last year 2.3 mill was the non qualifying cutoff. I expect them to be more than that but the qualifying salary will probably also be higher 

21 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I mean a quarterback who is incapable of leading a decent, or even good team to a .500 record. I don't even consider him to be almost as good as Cousins.

You do know Mitch Trubisky is 29-21 as a starter with a horrible offense and crap HC?

He led Chicago to 2 playoff appearances in 4 years ... (2018 and 2020)

He has 2 TD-0 INT in the playoffs

His kicker missed a short FG to advance one of those years.

64TD - 38INT ratio, in Chicago.

The weapons Pittsburgh has are far better than he had in Chicago.

You sound silly

15 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

So 14 million is a 4th round comp pick.

Wasn't his contract with Buffalo 1 Yr/ 2.5 million?

how do you figure $14 million?

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

You do know Mitch Trubisky is 29-21 as a starter with a horrible offense and crap HC?

He led Chicago to 2 playoff appearances in 4 years ... (2018 and 2020)

He has 2 TD-0 INT in the playoffs

His kicker missed a short FG to advance one of those years.

64TD - 38INT ratio, in Chicago.

The weapons Pittsburgh has are far better than he had in Chicago.

You sound silly

Wasn't his contract with Buffalo 1 Yr/ 2.5 million?

how do you figure $14 million?

The Steelers signed him to a 2 year max value 27 million that’s 13.5 million meaning that the Bills next year would get a 4th rounder if they sign less qualifying free agents than they gain 

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Steelers signed him to a 2 year max value 27 million that’s 13.5 million meaning that the Bills next year would get a 4th rounder if they sign less qualifying free agents than they gain 

so scratch this apparently since 13 million is incentives the actual deal is 2 years 14.2 million so 7.1 million is a 6th rounder so disappointed in that 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

It only includes incentives if they’re considered likely to be achieved. If they deem that only the base value is likely, we’d be in line for a late day 3 pick if anything. 

43 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Now I'm really puzzled, because in fact, with Trubisky's 4 years as a Bear, the team's record was >0.500 (29-21) and in fact, the team was over .500 each year except for his rookie season.  So if he's already done it, how can he be incapable of doing it?

I don't think Trubisky is a top-10 QB in the league, but I think he's a capable starter who can win more often than he loses with the right pieces around him.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.