Jarvis Landry just released - Rapaport: Names Bills and Chiefs as possible landing spot

Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Bad Things said:

Good God no.

Great player, but I can't stand the guy. 

Just like Gronk.  They gave two of the worst cheapshots I've ever seen against our players, and now we want them?

The North remembers.

Apples and oranges, IMO. Landry’s was a block gone wrong. A cheap shot on a defenseless player that got him fined, but at least part of a football play. 

Gronk’s was an after-the-whistle assault with intent to do bodily harm, and then he has the audacity, in an interview just last January, to pretend that he didn’t remember it. And then when pressed about it, he claimed that he was “happy to get a week off.”  

I got flamed (and trolled by a resident troll) for holding the opinion that I didn’t want that POS on the team, but I stand by that opinion firmly. 

I think Landry’s a head case, and pretty obnoxious. But I don’t think he’s a bad person

• Thank you (+1) 3

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Gronk is not coming now that tommy is back.  And fans justifiably hate Landry even more. For the love of God stop overthinking this and let McKenzie be your slot receiver. Then draft Jameson at 25.

Diggs

Davis

Dawson

Dirty

JW

YES!~!~!!! that lineup to me is fearsome. Would be very happy with this scenario. Landry go take a hike somewhere else.

38 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Apples and oranges, IMO. Landry’s was a block gone wrong. A cheap shot on a defenseless player that got him fined, but at least part of a football play. 

Gronk’s was an after-the-whistle assault with intent to do bodily harm, and then he has the audacity, in an interview just last January, to pretend that he didn’t remember it. And then when pressed about it, he claimed that he was “happy to get a week off.”  

I got flamed (and trolled by a resident troll) for holding the opinion that I didn’t want that POS on the team, but I stand by that opinion firmly. 

I think Landry’s a head case, and pretty obnoxious. But I don’t think he’s a bad person

I think the first time he takes a stupid cheap penalty the fanbase would turn on him and it would NOT be pretty And I think that @LABILLBACKER's take is the ticket. jmo 

33 minutes ago, muppy said:

YES!~!~!!! that lineup to me is fearsome. Would be very happy with this scenario. Landry go take a hike somewhere else.

I think the first time he takes a stupid cheap penalty the fanbase would turn on him and it would NOT be pretty And I think that @LABILLBACKER's take is the ticket. jmo 

I would add: Don’t sleep on Jake Kumerow. I know he was primarily a special teamer last season, and he didn’t get a lot of offensive touches. But assuming we lose Beasley and Sanders, and with the dwindling options at upgrading the TE position, I think we could see Kumerow with a much bigger role on offense, especially in the RZ. And I think we could see that guy making plays. I’m very optimistic for what he might provide.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

You might as well call it now, there is no way in hell he is not picking the chiefs

Saints are hit on Watson trail, I wouldn’t be so sure.  Saints with Watson are legit contender in a weaker NFC with a much better defense than the Chiefs too.  If they get Watson, they jump into immediate contention.

1 hour ago, gobills404 said:

https://upsidefantasy.shinyapps.io/stats/

Landry - 5.5 YAC per reception

McKenzie - 4.9 YAC per reception

Better athlete doesn’t equal better YAC

Apples & oranges. The two had very different roles. Landry was used as a deep threat far more than McK. And think about the routes McK was running. It stands to reason that a WR who’s catching a go route in stride is going to get more YAC than a guy taking a drop pass behind the LOS. 

But in all honesty, I think both players have huge athletic upsides. 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I disagree.  Jarvis has zero YAC ability.  Isaiah makes plays and is electric

Disagree, he has 274 in 2018

436 in 2019

341 in 2020

and 273 last season on a Browns team that had a bad year in passing game where Baker was complained about a bit.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LandJa00.htm#all_detailed_receiving_and_rushing

So he most certainly has YAC ability

I understand why people don't like Landry (I once got into an argument with his mother on FB, when I referred to him as a "dirty" player), but the guy is talented.  Assuming he has recovered from his 2021 injuries, he would be a nice add for our offense.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Disagree, he has 274 in 2018

436 in 2019

341 in 2020

and 273 last season on a Browns team that had a bad year in passing game where Baker was complained about a bit.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LandJa00.htm#all_detailed_receiving_and_rushing

So he most certainly has YAC ability

Besides being a POS Landry is the antithesis of a playmaker. He's like Curtis Duncan on the run and shoot Oilers of the 90's. Hard pass from me - we can do much better in the draft

6 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Besides being a POS Landry is the antithesis of a playmaker. He's like Curtis Duncan on the run and shoot Oilers of the 90's. Hard pass from me - we can do much better in the draft

He may be considered a POS to some still not over that hit, with a hard pass from you isn't anything I was responding to you about. If that's your opinion that fine. I only quoted you in regard to your statement that he doesn't get YAC and showed that he does in fact have YAC ability.

8 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

He may be considered a POS to some still not over that hit, with a hard pass from you isn't anything I was responding to you about. If that's your opinion that fine. I only quoted you in regard to your statement that he doesn't get YAC and showed that he does in fact have YAC ability.

And yet in his career he has averaged over 12 yards per catch only once. In fact, Landry set the NFL record in 2017 for lowest yards per reception for a receiver with 100 catches (8.8).

If his YAC is still considered acceptable, he must be running an awful lot of 2 yard routes. He has minimal speed and I have literally never seen this guy make a big play downfield. Is this what we really need instead of investing in a youngster like Jameson Williams in the draft?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.