2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

21 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I'm hearing OBJ to the Chiefs and Melvin Gordon to the Ravens. I haven't seen either confirmed yet. Also, Mathieu released by Chiefs.

While OBJ to the Chiefs may happen - he had an ACL late in the SB - he is expected to miss the majority of next year - I don’t see that helping them much for 2022.  

I would more likely expect to see him resign in LA similar to Ike here to rehab and be a late season plug in if they get healthy.

Mathieu was released a while ago and has been on the market since before FA began.

Melvin Gordon to the Ravens would fit their run first mentality - seems like another spin you wheel move - assuming any of these actually come to fruition.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Jets Message Board speculating that the Bills may be eyeing a CMC trade. 

No idea what their thread is based off though as I don’t see any linked source.  

One of the hosts of Around the NFL (NFL Network) through it out there this week too. Not saying it was an actual rumour, just speculating that it made sense for both teams. 

7 minutes ago, TOboy said:

One of the hosts of Around the NFL (NFL Network) through it out there this week too. Not saying it was an actual rumour, just speculating that it made sense for both teams. 

Fwiw, I do think it does make sense for us.  

It’s a risk, but we’d be betting on our top notch facilities/training staff and the fact that his usage rate wouldn’t be remotely close to what it has been.  

He’s the ultimate answer to the two-high safety looks. 

Edited by SCBills

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Fwiw, I do think it does make sense for us.  

It’s a risk, but we’d be betting on our top notch facilities/training staff and the fact that his usage rate wouldn’t be remotely close to what it has been.  

He’s the ultimate answer to the two-high safety looks. 

His biggest downside is salary, if the Panthers are willing to eat a bunch of it I would love him but at this point he would not be used enough to justify that cost.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

His biggest downside is salary, if the Panthers are willing to eat a bunch of it I would love him but at this point he would not be used enough to justify that cost.

Agree.  We obviously can’t take on the entirety of that contract.  If the Panthers want a pick (maybe also a player) in return to eat some of that contract… I’d listen.   No way I’m offering pick 25 though.. so if that’s what it takes, I’m out. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Agree.  We obviously can’t take on the entirety of that contract.  If the Panthers want a pick (maybe also a player) in return to eat some of that contract… I’d listen.   No way I’m offering pick 25 though.. so if that’s what it takes, I’m out. 

25 is far outside the range for me, but I am not sure I even do our second unless they are eating almost all of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

CMC, often broken RB, way overpaid... what's not to like here??? :)

We are the one taking all the risk here by trading for CMC.  It would have to be like a 4 or 5th round pick for me. (we could put an incentive based second pick for the 23 draft that could go from a 4-7 round pick)

• Like (+1) 1

McCaffrey is amazingly still only 25 years old, will be 26 in June. Still, he's been ridden like a broke back mule since his Freshman year at Stanford. A lot of tread on the tires for a 25 year old. But, maybe too, the Carolina training staff sucks? Idk. If we did make this move, which I wouldn't mind really, there would have to be an immediate restructuring of that God awful contract they handed him. And, there is no doubt a healthy Christian McCaffrey would be a massive upgrade to our backfield. 

48 minutes ago, H2o said:

McCaffrey is amazingly still only 25 years old, will be 26 in June. Still, he's been ridden like a broke back mule since his Freshman year at Stanford. A lot of tread on the tires for a 25 year old. But, maybe too, the Carolina training staff sucks? Idk. If we did make this move, which I wouldn't mind really, there would have to be an immediate restructuring of that God awful contract they handed him. And, there is no doubt a healthy Christian McCaffrey would be a massive upgrade to our backfield. 

I'd rather see them upgrade through the draft.  McC isn't worth the money for as little as he's played.   

58 minutes ago, H2o said:

Just not a fan of bringing in a vet RB......there are some good ones in this draft if we want one.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.