2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

2 hours ago, Dr. Football said:

I actually could see Parker working out in Dallas, well a lot better then I think he will in New England. 

Based on QB play, sure. 

Buuuuuttt we should expect that BB sees value in Parker, and has a plan for a guy who he's had to spend prep time on every season since 2015. Plus there's WR trade precedent here. The Patriots gave up a little bit more (2 + 7 vs just a 3) for Welker, to be fair, but definitely had a plan for him. Interestingly, Parker has only had 3, maybe 4, solid games against the Pats in 12 matchups. And only 1 TD. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

For sure.  I’m thinking there’s a slight chance Pickens gets selected before 25

You wouldn’t include Dotson in that group?  I would.  His hands are the best in the draft imo. Josh Allens passes require good hands.  I’d be happy with any of the 3.  

Save Them All I Love You GIF by Best Friends Animal Society

I prefer German Shepherds 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Dr. Football said:

I actually could see Parker working out in Dallas, well a lot better then I think he will in New England. 

Certainly - based upon QB play and team talent level - he would be a much better fit in Dallas.

The thing that makes no sense is the tweet stated Dallas was interested, but Miami trades Parker and a 5th this year to a division rival for a 3rd next year (which in equivalent terms is a 4th).  There is typically a premium to trade in division and basically they swapped a 4th and a 5th.  How interested could Dallas have really been to not match that deal.

It is clear Miami is loading up picks for next year in case they need a QB, but if Dallas was really interested in Parker that should of been a workable trade as the compensation was minimal and was future driven.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

You mean Christian Watson, I think. I was thinking second round for both, but from comments in the Watson thread, looks like he may go in the first.

The difference between message board GMs and real GMs will be more focus on production and high percentage of drops.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/3/2022 at 11:09 AM, NewEra said:

My thought:  why would he want to come here for a Emmanuel sanders role when he could go to GB and play a potentially much larger role?

Based on how well he played last year Julio is not ready for a bigger role.  Better hire from  a contesting team to sign him in 2nd half of year if they lose a player or let go one who is unable to perform as well as expected.

At this point who really cares, he's going to be 45 this season and would be 46 by the time the 2023 kicks off.

Yes he's ungodly and arguably the GOAT but at some point there is going to be a steep drop off and he's going to embarrass himself and his ego for insisting on keep playing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

At this point who really cares, he's going to be 45 this season and would be 46 by the time the 2023 kicks off.

Yes he's ungodly and arguably the GOAT but at some point there is going to be a steep drop off and he's going to embarrass himself and his ego for insisting on keep playing.

And it would be hilarious if he did that with the Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I would take Allen over Brady as the Bills QB in 2022 and beyond even though Brady is the GOAT. I wouldn't trade Allen for anyone at this point. That's a nice feeling to have as a Bills fan.

Edited by Greg S
  • Agree 2

40 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Based on how well he played last year Julio is not ready for a bigger role.  Better hire from  a contesting team to sign him in 2nd half of year if they lose a player or let go one who is unable to perform as well as expected.

You can say that and it has a lot of validity to it ….but what does future HoF Julio think?  33 year old Von Miller just got 51M gtd.  33 year old Julio and his ego may not be done mentally…..even though it seems that he may be done physically.  

ya never know how these ego work.  Each one is a different being and you never know how each sees their situation. 

Your scenario is definitely one that I would consider if I were him.  But maybe he thinks he can still be great if he joins AR and gets starters reps. 

Big Bills fan, but also a Brady fan here...I know, I know. After a while, I just said screw it, he's damn good. No need to hate. I love football. Anyway, I think he knows his body well enough to know when he's done. I think this is the last year on contract with the Bucs and is done after this season. 

• Vomit 4

I'm confident enough in our team that I really don't care.  

If Tua isn't it, then what, they bring in 46 year old mercenary QB, Tom Brady? 

They spent a ton of money loading up for Tua, so unless he's taking a vet min, this is the team he's going to get.. better hope Connor Williams stops getting penalties every other play and Armstead figures out how to not miss half the season.  

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You can say that and it has a lot of validity to it ….but what does future HoF Julio think?  33 year old Von Miller just got 51M gtd.  33 year old Julio and his ego may not be done mentally…..even though it seems that he may be done physically.  

ya never know how these ego work.  Each one is a different being and you never know how each sees their situation. 

Your scenario is definitely one that I would consider if I were him.  But maybe he thinks he can still be great if he joins AR and gets starters reps. 

If *I* was Julio I would be looking for team which needed a senior WR who was there as Lofton was for Bills who would not be primary target but when coverage was turned toward another primary target would be able to make plays without constantly taking hits.  A dome team suits him more than outdoor track in Green Bay but maybe one of the Florida teams.

He will probably just be a one year rental to whatever team offers most money despite conditions. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.