2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

“Add the #Bills to the list of potential suitors as they’ve submitted an offer late yesterday. However, I do believe Julio Jones ends up a #Packer

Julio Jones is yet to make up his mind but is currently considering offers from the #Packers, #Chiefs, & #Colts. A reunion with Matt Ryan seems unlikely, packers are easily on top of his list for now.”

@_NFLsource

This guy on Twitter has been correct on recent signings

This would make sense to me.  Crowder takes Beasley’s targets.  Julio Jones if our training staff could keep him healthy is an upgrade in the Emmanuel Sanders role. I would also still want a WR in the first few rounds of draft.

thoughts?

Julio is AJ Green. Best years behind him and might have one big ge in him but honestly like Manny Sanders back if had a choice yet younger serves this team better.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

“Add the #Bills to the list of potential suitors as they’ve submitted an offer late yesterday. However, I do believe Julio Jones ends up a #Packer

Julio Jones is yet to make up his mind but is currently considering offers from the #Packers, #Chiefs, & #Colts. A reunion with Matt Ryan seems unlikely, packers are easily on top of his list for now.”

@_NFLsource

This would make sense to me.  Crowder takes Beasley’s targets.  Julio Jones if our training staff could keep him healthy is an upgrade in the Emmanuel Sanders role. I would also still want a WR in the first few rounds of draft.

thoughts?

Signing Julio would be a waste. I like the idea of adding a draft pick.

Diggs

Davis

Draft pick

Crowder

McKenzie

Stevenson

(PS & Camp bodies)

Throw in Knox and Howard at TE. That's plenty of receiving weapons for Josh.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Signing Julio would be a waste. I like the idea of adding a draft pick.

Diggs

Davis

Draft pick

Crowder

McKenzie

Stevenson

(PS & Camp bodies)

Throw in Knox and Howard at TE. That's plenty of receiving weapons for Josh.

Cut Stevenson. Still add the draft pick and Jones (if Beane/Trainers believe he can be impactful) 

Diggs

Jones

Davis

Crowder

Draft Pick

McKenzie

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Cut Stevenson. Still add the draft pick and Jones (if Beane/Trainers believe he can be impactful) 

Diggs

Jones

Davis

Crowder

Draft Pick

McKenzie

It's a waste. Jones is a name you're going to overpay for on a short deal. It's high risk/low reward.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

Wow, a lot of CBs still available.  I think the FO will be able to get a better vet than Levi for less than $4M now - Nelson/Sherman/Bouye/Rhodes/Haden (although it would be unusual for Pitt to let him go for cap reasons and then the Bills sign him for less than Levi)/and Jenkins.   The article did not even include Bryce Callahan.  

P Peterson just signed for $4-5M, the price is dropping.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, wjag said:

Cha-ching ...  That's got to be the most expensive secondary in the league.

Truly it makes Josh look even better, even the guys he repeatedly destroy can still get paid.

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Wow, a lot of CBs still available.  I think the FO will be able to get a better vet than Levi for less than $4M now - Nelson/Sherman/Bouye/Rhodes/Haden (although it would be unusual for Pitt to let him go for cap reasons and then the Bills sign him for less than Levi)/and Jenkins.   The article did not even include Bryce Callahan.  

P Peterson just signed for $4-5M, the price is dropping.

Of that list I don't want Sherman or Haden from what I saw last year. Both looked slow in the games I watched. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I thought rhoades played pretty damn well in the Colts defense last year

I read Xavien Howard Fins deal and thought wow Xavier Rhodes got how much?   Is Rhodes still out there?

22 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

@_NFLsource

thoughts?

My thought:  why would he want to come here for a Emmanuel sanders role when he could go to GB and play a potentially much larger role?

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Yes, Rhodes along w Nelson/Jenkins/Buoye/Callahan/Haden and Sherman.

A lot for the FO to work through, talent and cost considerations.

I like Kyle Fuller. I’d be ok with Rhodes. Don’t love Haden, but I would be ok with it. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.