2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

2 hours ago, H2o said:

season 7 episode 21 GIF

At this point you would think Judon would just be embarrassed enough to shut up. But, then again, it's good for a laugh every few days. 

He was one of the last bigger type free agents to get tricked into going to the almighty Bill Belichek led Pats. 

The days of “come play with Tommy for a super bowl bid” are over and he’s probably bummed he signed up for it for four years. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Governor said:

I can’t imagine Lamar getting a huge deal from the Ravens unless they can weasel out of it after 1 season. They should want to move on and rebuild soon.

IMO-- Yes, and no. I doubt the Ravens have the buyer's remorse you're suggesting here (I mean, the guy was 2019 MVP for Chrissakes!), and it is by no means out of the question that Jackson can develop into a much more effective packet-passer. In fact, some of his numbers from last season (cut short by injury, of course) would suggest that sort of improvement. 

But, I think you're definitely spot on on suggesting that the Raven's FO would be wary of the sort of deal that he probably hopes he's going to get. If I were Ravens brass, I would definitely want to see much more improvement in term of being a pocket passer, as well as improvement in self-preservation with his running acumen.

He ain't no Josh Allen! (Full disclosure-- I am what most would call a "Bills Homer") There used to be this pundit-driven narrative that the way to shut down Allen was too "keep him in the pocket." There may be some lazy pundits still peddling that nonsense, but suffice to say that in '20, and beyond, Josh put that notion to rest. Leave him time in the pocket, and he will slice you to ribbons. But, Jackson (who I think you have to admit, is a better runner) certainly has yet to prove that.

So, all of that being said, I would imagine that any contract that he and his Mom would find acceptable would have to be some sort of long-term agreement. 

And that puts them all at a bit of a conundrum, doesn't it? The timing couldn't be worse! There's no question in my mind that the guy is hella talented. But, there's also no question that he's an inherent risk. Poor guy was born about 20 years too late!

Edited by Rocky Landing

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Honestly for all the complaining our pass defense gets on this board, I’m shocked Miami fans aren’t losing their ***** after Howard and then Howard/Jones have had zero success stopping Josh Allen. 

13 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

With that kind of money he can finally buy some asbestos underwear

I'm not gonna hate on the guy because he is a very good CB but he does get scorched a lot against Josh. I feel it's because a lot of our games against them get out of reach pretty early and it just snatches the life and motivation of their players. Maybe it'll be different this year.

3 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Honestly for all the complaining our pass defense gets on this board, I’m shocked Miami fans aren’t losing their ***** after Howard and then Howard/Jones have had zero success stopping Josh Allen. 

No one, no one, no one ever is to blame.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'm not gonna hate on the guy because he is a very good CB but he does get scorched a lot against Josh. I feel it's because a lot of our games against them get out of reach pretty early and it just snatches the life and motivation of their players. Maybe it'll be different this year.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Josh Allen is to Dolphins fans what Brady was to Bills fans for so many years, the guy who just always plays amazing against you. Josh is 7-1 vs the dolphins with the only loss coming his rookie year cuz Charles Clay couldn’t catch a football. I’ve started to worry more about Jets games than Dolphins games. 

“Add the #Bills to the list of potential suitors as they’ve submitted an offer late yesterday. However, I do believe Julio Jones ends up a #Packer

Julio Jones is yet to make up his mind but is currently considering offers from the #Packers, #Chiefs, & #Colts. A reunion with Matt Ryan seems unlikely, packers are easily on top of his list for now.”

@_NFLsource

This guy on Twitter has been correct on recent signings

This would make sense to me.  Crowder takes Beasley’s targets.  Julio Jones if our training staff could keep him healthy is an upgrade in the Emmanuel Sanders role. I would also still want a WR in the first few rounds of draft.

thoughts?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

“Add the #Bills to the list of potential suitors as they’ve submitted an offer late yesterday. However, I do believe Julio Jones ends up a #Packer

Julio Jones is yet to make up his mind but is currently considering offers from the #Packers, #Chiefs, & #Colts. A reunion with Matt Ryan seems unlikely, packers are easily on top of his list for now.”

@_NFLsource

This guy on Twitter has been correct on recent signings

This would make sense to me.  Crowder takes Beasley’s targets.  Julio Jones if our training staff could keep him healthy is an upgrade in the Emmanuel Sanders role. I would also still want a WR in the first few rounds of draft.

thoughts?

It’s been so long since he accomplished anything on the field, I’m not sure he still can get it done. Sanders at least had a good half-season.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

It’s been so long since he accomplished anything on the field, I’m not sure he still can get it done. Sanders at least had a good half-season.

Beane might believe our trainers could resolve his soft tissue injuries. When he did play last year had 434 yards and 14.0 ypc.  That’s in a Tannehill more run heavy offense.   If he were healthy here  850-950 yards, 15.0 ypc seems reasonable

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.