2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

41 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

This is the guy you want?  I think Billy Buffalo could best these stats, and yes in costume.

“In three seasons, according to Pro Football Focus, he’s allowed a 68.8 percent catch rate with six touchdowns, zero interceptions and a 112.5 passer rating. With Jackson entering the final season of his four-year, $6.26 million contract, the cap-strapped Packers could wipe his base salary of just over $1.33 million off the books.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/.amp/news/what-happened-to-josh-jackson

ya that sounds like an awesome signing 

18 hours ago, Aross3415 said:

Andy Dalton signs with Saints on a 1 year deal.

Geez, how’d you like to be a Saints fan these days?  Payton retires and your QBs are “eat a W” and the Red Rifle — err, pop gun.

10 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

This is the guy you want?  I think Billy Buffalo could best these stats, and yes in costume.

“In three seasons, according to Pro Football Focus, he’s allowed a 68.8 percent catch rate with six touchdowns, zero interceptions and a 112.5 passer rating. With Jackson entering the final season of his four-year, $6.26 million contract, the cap-strapped Packers could wipe his base salary of just over $1.33 million off the books.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/.amp/news/what-happened-to-josh-jackson

9 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

ya that sounds like an awesome signing 

I guess neither of you read the part where I mentioned he was badly miscast in Green Bay’s scheme and that I want to sign him FOR CHEAP.

He had EIGHT interceptions his junior year at Iowa. Everyone knew he was a big, strong, lanky zone corner, and the Packers took him in round two and promptly stuck him in a man-heavy scheme for which he was ill suited.

You bring 90 men to camp. I’m not saying he’s “the answer” at CB. I’m saying that I’d like to give him vet minimum and let him compete.

Would love to know what y’all’s reactions were to bringing in Jordan Poyer. Sometimes you need a second chance.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, Logic said:

I guess neither of you read the part where I mentioned he was badly miscast in Green Bay’s scheme and that I want to sign him FOR CHEAP.

He had EIGHT interceptions his junior year at Iowa. Everyone knew he was a big, strong, lanky zone corner, and the Packers took him in round two and promptly stuck him in a man-heavy scheme for which he was ill suited.

You bring 90 men to camp. I’m not saying he’s “the answer” at CB. I’m saying that I’d like to give him vet minimum and let him compete.

Would love to know what y’all’s reactions were to bringing in Jordan Poyer. Sometimes you need a second chance.

I am shocked that his career has gone the way it has. Maybe a move to safety might help him. But I liked him coming out and it's worth a camp invite flyer. 

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

Any chance that Gilmore comes back to Buffalo on a 1 year prove it deal?  

No but he could sign "nobody wants me for big bucks so if it has to be cheap at least be it with a contender deal".

I still doubt he would come back here though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I’d rather give a guy a shot who has a chance at making the roster.  Even if your played out of position those stats are putrid.  Ted Washington has more INTs and TD’s than this guy.  

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

I’d rather give a guy a shot who has a chance at making the roster.  Even if your played out of position those stats are putrid.  Ted Washington has more INTs and TD’s than this guy.  

Jordan Poyer had 2 INTs in four seasons before joining the Bills.

If you don’t think a 2nd round pick from three years ago has as much of a chance of making an NFL roster as the dozen UDFA they bring to camp every year, I don’t know what to tell ya.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Jordan Poyer had 2 INTs in four seasons before joining the Bills.

If you don’t think a 2nd round pick from three years ago has as much of a chance of making an NFL roster as the dozen UDFA they bring to camp every year, I don’t know what to tell ya.

That’s two INT’s more than this dude has had in 4 years.  Poyer didn’t allow 64% completions and 130 QBR either.  Not a good comparison.  Just because he was a second rounder doesn’t mean he is or will be good.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Maybe Gilmore could come back and “prove” he can tackle, not take plays off, not blame others, stop holding every play, avoid missing numerous games with injury, and be a good teammate. 

I take it you’re a fan...😉

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Looks like Bobby Wagner will finally be signing somewhere. I had practically forgotten he was still available. My dream of trading Edmunds for a 2nd and signing Wagner is probably dead.

I actually dreamt this last night- except we gave the Eagles Edmunds plus #25 for #16...We then signed Wagner, drafted one of top 3 corners, and took a WR in the 2nd round, and all our problems were solved in one night...😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.