2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

18 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Barkley is good in the QB room and on the sideline.  He's at least competent, but it will be Keenum on the field if needed.  

Looked at Rosen’s stats… he is terrible.. didn’t realize how bad he was… but the etc meant of the ufa backups still on the market.  Fitz and Rosen were the first on the list.  We could get Mayfield as a backup for 18.8 million lol

Edited by Magnum Force

3 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Looked at Rosen’s stats… he is terrible.. didn’t realize how bad he was… but the etc meant of the ufa backups still on the market.  Fitz and Rosen were the first on the list.  We could get Mayfield as a backup for 18.8 million lol

I believe Rosen is still on the Atlanta Falcons.  

5 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

So if I understand if correctly, none of these former Bills players has a new contract so far:

Jerry Hughes

Mario Addison

Daryl Williams

Cole Beasley

Star Lotulelei

A.J. Klein

Emmanuel Sanders

I wonder how many of them won't play a snap in NFL anymore.

I would still like to see the Bills bring Jerry back, BUT only at a discounted rate and with the understanding he would get 15-20 snaps max per game

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

So if I understand if correctly, none of these former Bills players has a new contract so far:

Jerry Hughes

Mario Addison

Daryl Williams

Cole Beasley

Star Lotulelei

A.J. Klein

Emmanuel Sanders

I could see Klein, Williams and (longest shot) Hughes back in Buffalo on cheap deals at some point.

Sanders is done. Star is done. 

Beasley signs after the draft with a contender. GB makes some sense?

Addison signs after the draft. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I would still like to see the Bills bring Jerry back, BUT only at a discounted rate and with the understanding he would get 15-20 snaps max per game

Part of me agrees, but on the other hand we need our young DEs to grow and they need snaps to do so. Right now we have Miller, Rousseau, Basham, Epenesa and Lawson. So unless Lawson is just a camp body or unless they give up on Epenesa and trade him I don't see Hughes coming back.

Interesting.

Edited by No_Matter_What

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

Part of me agrees, but on the other hand we need our young DEs to grow and they needs snaps to do so. Right now we have Miller, Rousseau, Basham, Epenesa and Lawson. So unless Lawson is just a camp body or unless they give up on Epenesa and trade him I don't see Hughes coming back.

Interesting.

Yep it can't come at the expense of the young guys playing time, and we already have a vet leader in Miller. 

I agree it's unlikely unless one of the two conditions you mentioned occurs.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Part of me agrees, but on the other hand we need our young DEs to grow and they need snaps to do so. Right now we have Miller, Rousseau, Basham, Epenesa and Lawson. So unless Lawson is just a camp body or unless they give up on Epenesa and trade him I don't see Hughes coming back.

Interesting.

He was in San Fran with coach Saleh. Still surprised he was a bust. 

47 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Jerry Hughes

Mario Addison

Daryl Williams

Cole Beasley

Star Lotulelei

A.J. Klein

Emmanuel Sanders

I guess the NFL doesn’t love BS pressure metrics. I think they just like sacks. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Funny how there seems to be a consensus on this now.

The same people went from "people can't understand his value" to "he's done" with a quickness.

Let me rephrase.

Star is done playing. Star is not incapable of playing. 

Also, are you implying I was in the camp of “people can’t understand his value” ? @BADOLBILZ

Edited by JGMcD2

19 minutes ago, Logic said:

I still want the Bills to sign Josh Jackson to a cheap deal. Badly miscast in GB’s scheme. I refuse to believe he doesn’t deserve a second chance, but in a scheme that suits his talents.

This is the guy you want?  I think Billy Buffalo could best these stats, and yes in costume.

“In three seasons, according to Pro Football Focus, he’s allowed a 68.8 percent catch rate with six touchdowns, zero interceptions and a 112.5 passer rating. With Jackson entering the final season of his four-year, $6.26 million contract, the cap-strapped Packers could wipe his base salary of just over $1.33 million off the books.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/.amp/news/what-happened-to-josh-jackson

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.