2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

39 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Rumor has it the Giants are looking for a mid round pick for Bradberry.  I feel the Bills should be exploring this.

I’d love it, but would probably require more contract restructuring as he’s got a hefty salary. 

2 minutes ago, TOboy said:

You don’t want a decent backup QB or a special teams ace (who counts for peanuts against the cap)? 

A 34 year old backup at 6 million a year?  That is an expensive backup…might be 3.5 million not sure the details.. plus it cost us a draft pick (not much 7th Rd but still) 

4 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

A 34 year old backup at 6 million a year?  That is an expensive backup…might be 3.5 million not sure the details.. plus it cost us a draft pick (not much 7th Rd but still) 

Jones is a RB by designation only. He's a special teams gunner. It's disingenuous to call him a backup. 

He's also not a lock to make the 53. There will be 90 men to start TC. Whether or not he has enough in the tank to continue to be what he has been remains to be seen. If he does, then I would think that having an elite ST is worth the cost. Field position matters. A lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Jones is a RB by designation only. He's a special teams gunner. It's disingenuous to call him a backup. 

He's also not a lock to make the 53. There will be 90 men to start TC. Whether or not he has enough in the tank to continue to be what he has been remains to be seen. If he does, then I would think that having an elite ST is worth the cost. Field position matters. A lot. 

Keenum is the backup not Jones.  Jones is sort of irrelevant and I shouldn’t have used him in my post.  It’s more about Keenum. 

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Didn't they rework his contract?

Not sure… I am seeing a 3.5 million cap hit listed

Just now, Magnum Force said:

I would have been ok with signing Rosen, Fitz etc on the cheaper end and keeping the pick. 

13 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

I would have been ok with signing Rosen, Fitz etc on the cheaper end and keeping the pick. 

I didn't love the trade but Keenum is a high end back up at a great cost. 

Also, 9 draft picks will not make this team, so here's hoping they use some to trade up and come away with 5 players. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Keenum is the backup not Jones.  Jones is sort of irrelevant and I shouldn’t have used him in my post.  It’s more about Keenum. 

OK, I should have figured that out.

I was a little surprised by the signing myself-- half mil more than we paid Trubisky last year. Definitely one of the better backups out there, though. Tons of experience starting, and has won games. Has a relationship with Diggs, also. If Allen goes down for a few games, Keenum gives us a good chance of staying in it.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

They did rework the deal on Keenum.  Also Fitz may never play again, he was injured pretty badly last season and he likely would have cost just as much as Keenum, presuming he can play.  As to Rosen...are you nuts???  The guy is awful!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

They did rework the deal on Keenum.  Also Fitz may never play again, he was injured pretty badly last season and he likely would have cost just as much as Keenum, presuming he can play.  As to Rosen...are you nuts???  The guy is awful!

Well like Barkley… hopefully he would rarely see the field. 

53 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

"Wrong" Josh and "Right" Josh on the same team? Are you trying to trigger the apocalypse? 

• Haha (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

Well like Barkley… hopefully he would rarely see the field. 

You have to think beyond the ideal.  If Josh's gone for more than a couple games, it kills the Bills...but you need someone who could keep the Bills competitive and perhaps win a game or two in a pinch.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Barkley was our primary backup for 2 years and is back again.

23 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Go back to the archives and look at how many people wanted to take Rosen over Allen pre draft 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.