2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

37 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He averages about 30 catches a season with Aaron Rodgers. 

Love this move!  🤣 

39 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

The wheels are starting to fall off.  Smart move by MVS 

This is from an ESPN article detailing where each stands at this point of free agency. Mike Reiss had this to say about the Pats:

Offseason goals: Crush the draft after appearing to do so in 2021 with quarterback Mac Jones, defensive tackle Christian Barmore, running back Rhamondre Stevenson & Co. After essentially doing two years of free-agent shopping in 2021, the Patriots have been quieter this year, putting the focus on the draft to fill needs at cornerback, wide receiver, offensive line

"Crush" the draft in 2021 seems a little strong of word choice. I don't have faith in McCorckle as a long term option, but to each his own I suppose

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stads said:

"Crush" the draft in 2021 seems a little strong of word choice. I don't have faith in McCorckle as a long term option, but to each his own I suppose

I agree. I keep having images of Jones under thrown ball getting picked by Hyde and Allen running through Barmore's tackle in the playoffs!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Stads said:

This is from an ESPN article detailing where each stands at this point of free agency. Mike Reiss had this to say about the Pats:

Offseason goals: Crush the draft after appearing to do so in 2021 with quarterback Mac Jones, defensive tackle Christian Barmore, running back Rhamondre Stevenson & Co. After essentially doing two years of free-agent shopping in 2021, the Patriots have been quieter this year, putting the focus on the draft to fill needs at cornerback, wide receiver, offensive line

Kinda sickens me to say it, but... it's hard to argue against Mac & Cheese being the best rookie QB last season. He got them to the playoffs, which really makes him look like a bullseye draft pick.

• Disagree 1

29 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Kinda sickens me to say it, but... it's hard to argue against Mac & Cheese being the best rookie QB last season. He got them to the playoffs, which really makes him look like a bullseye draft pick.

Trevor Lawrence is way better, and it will show now that Urban Meyer is gone. Mac will always be held back by his lack of physical traits. The Pats D got them to the playoffs, Mac was just asked to not turn the ball over. 

35 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Fairly low bar. That and he's a high floor low ceiling player.

I'm not worried about the guy. If I was I'd remember his name.

1 minute ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Fairly low bar. That and he's a high floor low ceiling player.

I'm not worried about the guy. If I was I'd remember his name.

You 100% remember his name and know exactly who he’s referring to.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

You 100% remember his name and know exactly who he’s referring to.

Honest to god I don't remember the Cheatriots*** QB's name. At my age there's a lot of things I don't remember. It's Mac or Zach, that much I know.

I can see his stupid frat boy face though.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

They aren't putting that playoff push on Mac though b.c he was exposed down the stretch. He was the best rookie out of a group of rookies that played like absolute *****... not a big endorsement. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

They literally covered him up with a good defense and a strong running game any time they asked him to do anything more than not make a mistake he floundered

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Davis Mills was WAY more impressive than Mac Jones. 

It’s not even close. He was in the worst situation by far and held his own. Also didn’t cost a mid-1st rounder. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Davis Mills was WAY more impressive than Mac Jones. 

It’s not even close. He was in the worst situation by far and held his own. Also didn’t cost a mid-1st rounder. 

I am not sure he was way more impressive purely on tape. They were similar on tape, they both had some good moments and some moments where they looked like rooks. Mills was more impressive once you consider context and value. 

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not sure he was way more impressive purely on tape. They were similar on tape, they both had some good moments and some moments where they looked like rooks. Mills was more impressive once you consider context and value. 

Appreciate you spotlighting my point. 

I didn’t articulate it very well, you did a much better job of communicating what I was trying to say. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.