2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

1 hour ago, Turbo44 said:

I think we'll match unless he signs a deal that's front-loaded and/or if the Bills have serious plans to draft his replacement in Round 1, like Zion

Doesn’t need to be replaced in round 1. Bates was a UDFA. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I would be shocked if Bates didnt return.   Right when he was getting his chance with us.

I think he could start in NE. Not sure about Chicago. Not sure about here (he would compete though for sure)

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he could start in NE. Not sure about Chicago. Not sure about here (he would compete though for sure)

I’m not sure Zion ends up getting drafted in the 1st, same with Kenyon Green. Round 1 Bills should go CB, but they definitely need to address the oline whether it’s depth or competing for a starting spot. Will likely need at least 2 picks spent on the oline.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Wasn't that outrageous. It was more confusing than anything else But c/w how this regime works. They value their own and Sweeney was an unknown given his OCVID issues and he flashed a little in his rookie year.  I would have kept Hollister and cut Gilliam.  But then again I would have kept just about any player over Gilliam.  

The point of that position isn’t to be a weapon with the ball.  It’s to block and catch teams off guard once in a blue moon.  Hollister serves zero purpose minus being a big slot wr.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It comes down this imo.  How much do we value the RG position?  Are we willing to roll the dice on our season by waiting till the later rounds to fill RG?  If we have a Cody ford type RG, it’s gonna make it that much harder to win the SB.  

Maybe we shuffle another 3-4M down the road and sign a guard on a 1 year deal.  And then we’re in the same position next year.  

I hope Bates returns and we can draft a guy in rd 2-4 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

I was at the Bills-Jets game in jersey. i have never seen a crowd switch so quick. The ovation that Mike White got in the stadium when he came out was electric. Jets fans were wearing Mike White jerseys. There was an air of hope and fans debating if White was better than Wilson. After a couple of quarters of playing the Bills D, Jets fans were chanting “Flacco! Flacco! Flacco!” The were happy when White got hurt. 

It was hilarious. To watch the dude’s career go up in flames in two quarters of football. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I was at the Bills-Jets game in jersey. i have never seen a crowd switch so quick. The ovation that Mike White got in the stadium when he came out was electric. Jets fans were wearing Mike White jerseys. There was an air of hope and fans debating if White was better than Wilson. After a couple of quarters of playing the Bills D, Jets fans were chanting “Flacco! Flacco! Flacco!” The were happy when White got hurt. 

It was hilarious. To watch the dude’s career go up in flames in two quarters of football. 

Yeah, it was beyond funny. I remember watching SNY the week leading up to the Bills game and you would have thought that Mike White was the second coming of Joe Namath. After the Bills ripped them a new one and made White look like Nathan Peterman, they turned on him as fast as they had deified him. He went from the penthouse to the outhouse...more like the port-o-potty...never to be heard from again. J-E-S-T...JEST!, JEST!!, JEST!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Yeah, it was beyond funny. I remember watching SNY the week leading up to the Bills game and you would have thought that Mike White was the second coming of Joe Namath. After the Bills ripped them a new one and made White look like Nathan Peterman, they turned on him as fast as they had deified him. He went from the penthouse to the outhouse...more like the port-o-potty...never to be heard from again. J-E-S-T...JEST!, JEST!!, JEST!!!

Easy... what if Jimmy S. hears you? Be careful!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I personally don't want my $250 million QB behind Cody Ford or a low draft pick at RG. Call me silly if you must. I agree not a first rounder (should be CB/WR etc), but a solid pick. Then again we saw a 2nd round pick in Ford, and a 5th in Teller.... I'm not sure how I feel about McBene and their talent evaluation/ coaching on OL/DL TBH.

Based on what I saw in Chicago, they can use all the OL help they can get, much like New England, even with their recent additions.

4 hours ago, Rico said:

I’d say Rosen is worse, but Mariota is still trash. Falcons gotta be looking at a QB in the 1st round.

I dunno if any QB's are worth taking in the 1st round this year, at least not early. Might be better take a flier on one a bit later, or just to stock up on picks & wait for next season. 

11 hours ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

I hope Cody rejuvenates his career, and wins a starting role. I hate the idea of that being a wasted pick. I guess if he became the backup “floater” it would at least be something 😕

As an OL prospect, Ford has been much more of sinker than a floater.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

The point of that position isn’t to be a weapon with the ball.  It’s to block and catch teams off guard once in a blue moon.  Hollister serves zero purpose minus being a big slot wr.

Yes in 1982 it was. Football evolved. TEs that can block and catch replaced fullback a long time ago. It will be very interesting to see what Dorsey does this year with formations. If Howard can stay healthy they will have two credible TE threats and both better than the Metzellars/McKeller combo.

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes in 1982 it was. Football evolved. TEs that can block and catch replaced fullback a long time ago. It will be very interesting to see what Dorsey does this year with formations. If Howard can stay healthy they will have two credible TE threats and both better than the Metzellars/McKeller combo.

Nah.  Now.  We want our TE2 to be able to block.  That was proven this season when hollister was cut.  It was proven again when Sweeney was inactive for the last 1/5 of the season and Doyle was the TE2. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I could see Beasley landing in Green Bay - thoughts?

Go Bills!

They already have Cobb in the slot.  With two first round picks they could potentially draft two WR's and then trade one of them to the Seaawks for Metcalf.  Just a thought.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I could see Beasley landing in Green Bay - thoughts?

Go Bills!

22 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

They already have Cobb in the slot.  With two first round picks they could potentially draft two WR's and then trade one of them to the Seaawks for Metcalf.  Just a thought.

I've heard some analysts alude to the fact that he wanted out of New York due in part to political reasons. I think he's more comfortable in his home state of Texas. Houston has a hole at Slot WR. I think that's where he ends up.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I've heard some analysts alude to the fact that he wanted out of New York due in part to political reasons. I think he's more comfortable in his home state of Texas. Houston has a hole at Slot WR. I think that's where he ends up.

Which is weird because he couldn't wait to get out of Dallas.  Houston makes sense.  Browns make sense from a football perspective.  Not sure if you want a free spirit like Beasley after you just sold your soul for Watson.  New England is more of a long shot but he'd be a nice safety blanket for McCorkle.  Arizona makes a lot of sense if he wants to go out West after they lost Kirk.

52 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Which is weird because he couldn't wait to get out of Dallas.  Houston makes sense.  Browns make sense from a football perspective.  Not sure if you want a free spirit like Beasley after you just sold your soul for Watson.  New England is more of a long shot but he'd be a nice safety blanket for McCorkle.  Arizona makes a lot of sense if he wants to go out West after they lost Kirk.

Oh man, I can easily foresee more controversial tweets in his future, attacking media and fans in standing up for Deshaun if he went to Cleveland. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.