2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And now they are stuck with butt hurt baker

That was an expensive foray for the Browns.  Why not just backchannel the look?  Or if that was impossible (because Watson would inevitably disclose the teams he was talking to), why release the "hit" quote to Mortensen that kills the relationship AND gives up some leverage in trade discussions?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah, this was messy.  But if Rodgers can kiss and make up in GB, Baker can too.    Throwing to Amari Cooper will be a nice wound salve.  I'd really like to know why Landry wants out.  

Just now, wjag said:

Yeah, this was messy.  But if Rodgers can kiss and make up in GB, Baker can too.    Throwing to Amari Cooper will be a nice wound salve.  I'd really like to know why Landry wants out.  

50M Annual is as the price for Rodgers to "kiss and make up"

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

First off if the Bills did run back the same team, but if they had Tre White in the Playoff game do they win like they did earlier in the year?

The difference in the playoffs was the one key elite player the Bills had on IR that KC didn’t.

That 1 player was responsible for eliminating 1 other receiving target and allowing Hill and Kelce to be double teamed by coverage and safeties.  He also as needed switched off and picked up Kelce.  That allowed the LBs to play a zone/man coverage on RBs and to spy more on Mahomes.

Second - at this point the Chiefs primary weapons are Hill and Kelce.  Kelce had times where he looked slowed down and I think the same can be said of their DLine.  The Bills were younger at a number of key positions - so yes I think just year over year growth of younger players versus aging players improves the Bills slightly.

Third - KC has lost more than they gained so far and I will be hard pressed to say they are a better team - the Bills have gained more in FA than they lost - so I think that matters also.

Lastly - the Chiefs had an advantage and got the game at home.  This year - I am not sure they win their division.  They will have 6 tough division games to fight through and potentially more beaten up than ever before.  So I give another advantage to the Bills even if they had just run it back. 

In the end - the Bills did what you asked and added an impact defensive player.  I just think your post was:

A) Way to Early in the FA process

B) Not correct as the biggest reason we lost in the playoffs is the player we IR’d versus the Chiefs being healthy.

Agreed with everything….except I’d add a

c):  the worst 13 seconds of coaching in league history 

43 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

The Bills lost their OC and playcaller

The Bills lost their O-line Coach

The Bills lost their 2 starting guards (Feleciano* and Williams)

The Bills lost their third down back (Breida)

The Bills lost their blocking fullback (DiMarco)

We've got our right tackle though. And Von Viller. :)

EDIT for clarity, this post is /s

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM

Just now, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

DiMarco? Yeah. He was lost...in 2020. Reggie Gilliam is that guy and has been the last two seasons.

I wouldn't say the O-line coach was a loss (actually a sizeable net gain w/ Kromer re-entering the fold), nor would I say that Mongo was the starter. 

3 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

Most would believe the Bills upgraded at O-Line coach.

Ryan Bates was a better OG than Jon Feliciano down the stretch.  And Rodger Saffold is likely an upgrade over Darryl Williams.

Matt Breida was not our third down back.  He was barely active last season.

Patrick DiMarco hasn't been on the roster since 2019.  This one is odd.

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

After they have completely destroyed any confidence and trust with the QB they drafted #1 overall and currently have on their roster. :lol:

19 minutes ago, wjag said:

Give Baker $50 million and I bet he would give Kitchens AND Haslam a tug job.

Edited by stosh64

12 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Most would believe the Bills upgraded at O-Line coach.

Ryan Bates was a better OG than Jon Feliciano down the stretch.  And Rodger Saffold is likely an upgrade over Darryl Williams.

Matt Breida was not our third down back.  He was barely active last season.

Patrick DiMarco hasn't been on the roster since 2019.  This one is odd.

I thought including Pat was enough of a signal lol

1 hour ago, H2o said:

After they have completely destroyed any confidence and trust with the QB they drafted #1 overall and currently have on their roster. :lol:

Always amazes me how tough football players and the sport are propped up to be.

But…

Its Hockey … where head coaches publicly call out their own players, bench guys, move players off of lines…

Yet those guys seem to be able to work their way through it.  

yet in the NFL…coaches have to be so careful not to say the slightest thing which might be negative about a player less it causes fan/media speculation of trading, loss of confidence, internal dysfunction, player mental collapse…etc.

I know this situation is not exactly that…but it just is curious to me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.