2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

17 minutes ago, H2o said:

I say we go get Tarik Cohen, Boston Scott, Cordarrelle Patterson,  or Duke Johnson to play that receiving back role. 

Cohen is finished. I don't think he's ever coming back. It's been what close to 2 years now?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I say we go get Tarik Cohen, Boston Scott, Cordarrelle Patterson,  or Duke Johnson to play that receiving back role. 

Patterson is the only guy on that list I’d want.  Def want nothing to do with lil broken Cohen 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Never heard it said that way, "the Erie." Usually how we'd mention a river, rather than a lake. The Niagara. Or Lake Erie. Or, for that matter, the 290. The 190. A highway is like a river, in a way...

I live in broome county, and the term I usually use is “throw it in the dirty Susquehanna” so that’s probably why it sounded that way haha. 

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Okay so here's my question - if the Bills run back pretty much the same team as last year as far as overall talent level, how do we beat the Chiefs in the playoffs? Allen played a historically good game and the Chiefs lost 4 points from their kicker and we still lost. How are we closing that gap? Just hope that Mahomes happens to have an off day and Allen performs at that level again? Tre White being back obviously will help a ton but I don't think his presence alone closes that gap. That's why I'm frustrated. If we don't add an impact defensive player I don't see how our team got better.

I can understand that.  But as I have learned over the years do not get upset early in UFA period.  Wait at least a week and let the process play out a bit.  There are always ways to add impact players.  Bills did it with Diggs via Trade. etc etc.  Now with Miller another.  Took 3 hours into the official league year to do it with Von Miller.  But did get done.  Now another thing I have decided on with respect to the Bills and UFA.   If there are rumors of a specific player going to Bills only take that now with a grain of salt.  Seems like now they are letting that out there for reasons to smoke what they really are doing...  Lets look...

RB - connected to Barkely and McCaffery - Swung on McKissic before he had a change of heart.

DE - Chandler Jones - Signed Von Miller to same type of deal jones got.

DTs - were connected to other names Signed Settle and Jones

OL - Rumors on Schreff - Signed Saffold.

Why is that important the position groups are right, not the players.  So when I look through that.

Connected to Bradberry - Expect another CB

Connected to Landry - Expect another WR.

For sanity sake recommendation going forward is for those to wait a week before coming frustrated with UFA period. is all.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Golden said:

Good signing,

Knox disappeared-a bit in our divisional game against the Chiefs.  That had to be a bit of a disappointment for the coaching staff. 2 receptions @9yards 

We scored every possession.  Knox made excellent blocks all game 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nelius said:

Why is Allen Robinson still available? Go get Allen Robinson. The Eric Moulds of his generation, he'd be a great fit

Agree, a one year deal would most likely vault his worth in 2023.  If he took a 1yr / 8 Mil deal, he would be a 22-24 Mil per year WR next year.  If he didn’t play for the Bears, he would have signed a mega deal by now.  

Who are the athletic CBs that are still on UFA.  I am not just looking at Vets and or place holders until the draft, but I think letting Levi Wallace walk they want to get more athletic in that spot.  So who are the top athletic CBs that are left on the market.  I fully think the final answer comes in the Draft, but knowing Beane he will want it plugged before the draft.

I think my Best Available in the areas of need still to address

QB2

Winston

Mariota

Fitz

RB  (there is ALOT here)

Patterson

Melvin Gordan - Watch this be a sneaky signing offers the play in the Screen Game, Good on Blitz pickup and 3 down Back.

Cohen

McKinnon

Penny

Edited by MAJBobby

12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Okay so here's my question - if the Bills run back pretty much the same team as last year as far as overall talent level, how do we beat the Chiefs in the playoffs? Allen played a historically good game and the Chiefs lost 4 points from their kicker and we still lost. How are we closing that gap? Just hope that Mahomes happens to have an off day and Allen performs at that level again? Tre White being back obviously will help a ton but I don't think his presence alone closes that gap. That's why I'm frustrated. If we don't add an impact defensive player I don't see how our team got better.

First off if the Bills did run back the same team, but if they had Tre White in the Playoff game do they win like they did earlier in the year?

The difference in the playoffs was the one key elite player the Bills had on IR that KC didn’t.

That 1 player was responsible for eliminating 1 other receiving target and allowing Hill and Kelce to be double teamed by coverage and safeties.  He also as needed switched off and picked up Kelce.  That allowed the LBs to play a zone/man coverage on RBs and to spy more on Mahomes.

Second - at this point the Chiefs primary weapons are Hill and Kelce.  Kelce had times where he looked slowed down and I think the same can be said of their DLine.  The Bills were younger at a number of key positions - so yes I think just year over year growth of younger players versus aging players improves the Bills slightly.

Third - KC has lost more than they gained so far and I will be hard pressed to say they are a better team - the Bills have gained more in FA than they lost - so I think that matters also.

Lastly - the Chiefs had an advantage and got the game at home.  This year - I am not sure they win their division.  They will have 6 tough division games to fight through and potentially more beaten up than ever before.  So I give another advantage to the Bills even if they had just run it back. 

In the end - the Bills did what you asked and added an impact defensive player.  I just think your post was:

A) Way to Early in the FA process

B) Not correct as the biggest reason we lost in the playoffs is the player we IR’d versus the Chiefs being healthy.

• Like (+1) 2

And the Bills are not done.  Because there is 58 on roster right now.  90 go to camp.

Roster - 58 players

Draft Picks - 9 players (not all will make roster or maybe even be used) brings total up to 67 players

UDFA - That would mean 23 UDFAs (that would be a bigger than normal class from Bills who is normally around 13)

So they will still keep buying players.  Buckle up.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Camp depth for them or is Bojorquez getting cut?

O'Donnell is one of the best punters in the league. So Bojo is gone. When I see him bagging my groceries I will ask him for an autograph. I just hope he doesn't drop the bag. 

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Fins get Mostert and Edmonds...nice RB combo

And the signed FB Alec Ingold, so ground and pound I suppose. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.