2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

6 minutes ago, ngbills said:

So much to all those that said we don’t do “dumb stuff” like this. What you have to say for yourself. Now let’s work some magic and get a wr on the cheap. Turnaround story for a guy like juju or Julio? 

Juju on a 1 year prove it deal would be great.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

The current roster was absolutely good enough to beat them last year.  They whooped them in October and the “roster” had the game won until McD lost the game for them.  The roster was good enough. Coaching wasn’t 

Guess beane read my posts 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Without signing McKissic we currently have a little over $8M in cap room. Also the players have to want to come here. Also we aren't in the business of OVERPAYING anymore.

So turns out we were able to afford am impact pass rusher. And thank goodness we did. Now we should have the horses to put Mahomes on the ground.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

So turns out we were able to afford am impact pass rusher. And thank goodness we did. Now we should have the horses to put Mahomes on the ground.

I said be patient because we were two hours into FA, moves would be made, and there is a draft to be had. On that note, F*** YEAH!!!!! :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

I said be patient because we were two hours into FA, moves would be made, and there is a draft to be had. On that note, F*** YEAH!!!!! :thumbsup:

Von Miller was totally off my radar. I thought the other teams had burned through our pass rush options. After signing Miller and Howard this is by far my favorite FA period in Beane's tenure. I think we have done enough to push us over the top. White will be back and hopefully Rousseau will take a big step in his 2nd year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Von Miller was totally off my radar. I thought the other teams had burned through our pass rush options. After signing Miller and Howard this is by far my favorite FA period in Beane's tenure. I think we have done enough to push us over the top. White will be back and hopefully Rousseau will take a big step in his 2nd year.

I actually thought he had signed elsewhere..

I'll happily take him for sure.. big cost but no draft picks required...

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Now draft Cb in round one and I think we’re good. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:
2 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Rapoport says Vonn Miller is "really torn" and this is not over yet with two teams "tugging at him pretty hard". Rams and ??

I mean if he said us we'd then be jinxed once again and it wouldn't happen.

I did not expect that to actually work.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, boater said:

I still think RB is a problem. I respect Singletary but he's not the man.

Agreed. McKissic was the cherry on top of all this. I just don't get it.

Don't wanna draft an RB early again - save that for CB. Just go get a serviceable veteran pass catcher.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/16/dolphins-sign-raheem-mostert/amp/

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

It was confirmed Beane tried to trade for Von before the Rams got him. I assumed that Beane would do his due diligence and go after him for a second time

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.