2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

10 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Wow. Tyrod. First big error by Schoen and Daboll.

Tyrod was a QB that changed the swagger.  Before him losing was acceptable and he showed so much heart to get us victories.  He wasn't the best QB but I would take him on my team any day.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Tyrod was a QB that changed the swagger.  Before him losing was acceptable and he showed so much heart to get us victories.  He wasn't the best QB but I would take him on my team any day.

He is a tone setter.   5am workouts, first one in, last one out.   I'd take him on my team any day.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I don't think he showed heart, he was perennially afraid to throw the ball. Some QBs are gunslingers. Tyrod played the game scared. Avoiding turnovers was his #1 priority which is a lame way for a quarterback to approach the game. He had more than a jersey number in common with Trent Edwards. Ryan Fitzpatrick for example was gutsy and a vastly better quarterback.

I remember Tyrod running out of bounds to take a sack for a loss rather than throwing it away because he was so hard-wired to scramble around and stay safe rather than just...throwing...the football. I know teammates liked him but he didn't seem to have much of a leadership presence or aura really.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I don't think he showed heart, he was perennially afraid to throw the ball. Some QBs are gunslingers. Tyrod played the game scared. Avoiding turnovers was his #1 priority which is a lame way for a quarterback to approach the game. He had more than a jersey number in common with Trent Edwards. Ryan Fitzpatrick for example was gutsy and a vastly better quarterback.

I remember Tyrod running out of bounds to take a sack for a loss rather than throwing it away because he was so hard-wired to scramble around and stay safe rather than just...throwing...the football. I know teammates liked him but he didn't seem to have much of a leadership presence or aura really.

Was Tyrod the one who ran out of bounds fairly uncontested, short of the 1st down marker on 4th down.

38 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Was Tyrod the one who ran out of bounds fairly uncontested, short of the 1st down marker on 4th down.

Kyle Orton had "the slide"

Trent Edwards had a number of cowardly decisions. 

Generally speaking Tyrod avoided risks. I don't recall anything that I would call "cowardly" though 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

And hasn’t signed Godwin yet either 

he's franchised

2 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I will never diss the first Bills QB to break the playoff drought. He gave us some solid if unspectacular performances and was very smart with the football. I was at a home game vs the Raiders under Jack Del Rio where he threw 3 TDs in a very impressive win. He was a good guy who represented us well. Probably the only good legacy from the Rex Ryan days.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

His house has no windows, his room lights are off and his sleep visors are on. He’s napping and his basic signings have been on autopilot. If he brings in someone with clout, maybe I will reconsider. 

I really really hope for the bills sake they do what you want.....what on earth would they do without your fandom?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Oh come on, can’t a guy have any fun around here lol 

Of course you can, if whatever you're doing here brings you joy. 

But don't act surprised or persecuted when more sincere, reasonable users of this shared space call you out for doing...whatever it is you're doing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.