2022 Free Agency - Around the NFL Thread

Draconator

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Terrible huh.

No credit to the Pats for finding Jackson, an UDRFA, they hit gold (or he was just lucky like Jarius Byrd was for the Mark Sanchez years).  Would you rather have the Pats sign him on a home town discount?

No but they keep getting comp picks for being cheap

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Lmao...OK.

You don't believe they just added two top defensive players this offseason?

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

One good way of winning an argument is to make up crap about what the other person is saying.  Congrats.

What argument are you talking about?  I make a comment you don’t like.  You cry.  I make another comment you don’t like. There’s no argument 

Edited by NewEra

47 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

The black Trent Edwards is now on his 5th team.  Vikings, Saints, Panthers, Broncos and now Dolphins.  He brings as little energy to an offense both from a physical and emotional presence as I believe is humanly possible.  How is he still in the league?  Makes Tyrod Taylor look almost like a downfield gunslinger.  

41 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Is there going to be a thread for every FA signing?

We should be watching SD. Know your opponent. Looks like SD is really trying to go for it this year. Herbert possibly took less time than Allen to be dominating. SD can go earlier. 
If the Bills are able to keep up with the Jones, you have to like the Bills over everyone though…. JA is like a Super human QB….

Just now, NewEra said:

What argument are you talking about?  I make a comment you don’t like.  You cry.  I make another comment you don’t like. There’s no argument 

Show me where I said him being worth any contract value 13M, 100M, 1M  or otherwise.  What I said was:

1.  The decision on Edmunds 5th year had to be made last year.  Is that true?

2. The Bills had no true insight or control over Jones 2022 FA status a year ago.  Is that true?

3.  Based on the above, any lack of money available to sign Jones has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Edmunds other than people’s seeming desire to blame everything under the sun on Edmunds.  

Your statement about the Bills inability to sign Jones due to Edmunds is completely absurd, no matter what you think about the ability of either player.  There is no connection whatsoever.  You might as well equate it to rising gas prices.  It is simply dumb.  I pointed that out and you brought up whether or not he is worth 13M…..which is an entirely separate discussion as to whether we can afford Jones.  Maybe you should work on your own processing speed before ragging on Edmunds’.

I'm struggling to think of any big time FA the Jags have signed over the last decade that didn't turn out to be a huge disappointment (Calais Campbell aside).

It's a 1 year vacation destination where players go for the weather and guaranteed money and then stop caring about football. 

we're a few hours into free agency tampering...

... and the Jaguars have already given $159,000,000 to Christian Kirk, Foye Oluokon & Foley Fatukasi

for context, only FOUR TEAMS spent $159M in 2021's free agency

i just read that online and pretty sure that was before this recent signing 

10 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Why is Miami is collecting fragile QBs?  I guess if that’s you’re thing, then it’s better to have multiple ones. 

Maybe they believe it is cheaper to have 2 for which neither will get a back breaker contract than one which cannot get you Superbowl win but costs $40 million a year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.