Pegula threatened to move team?

BillsMafi$

• BillsMafi$ changed the title to Pegula threatened to move team?

SOP for all team owners, it’s in the first chapter of the NFLs guide to team ownership, 

• Agree 1

Once Hochul became Gov then you knew they weren't going to leave. She was not going to allow them to move on her watch. I remember here in the NYC area when the Isles were trying to get a new arena to replace Nassau Coliseum . The owners got then Gov Cuomo on board and he fast tracked the project. They got by all the political BS to get shovels in the ground. Now they have UBS Arena. Behind the scenes I would imagine Hochul did the same for the Bills and played a big part in helping get the deal done. 

• Like (+1) 2

Not thrilled about the amount of public funding but I’m also not surprised. Unfortunately it’s part of the cost of having a professional sports team. Especially for a small market like Buffalo that doesn’t offer anywhere near what other bigger markets could.

But I’m thrilled it got done (not that I didn’t expect it to). I feel that Buffalo fans deserve to have their team locked into Buffalo for the next couple decades. Every other NY team got stadiums with public funding. Why shouldn’t we?

and hey, at least we will get more enjoyment out of this compared some of the other things our tax dollars go towards.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2

Very OLD News... 

Yes the Pegulas did suggest they were willing to move the team a few years ago because Stadium talks were stalled and not getting the attention it needed

It wasn't a hard threat it was brought up about other cities who would provide a stadium.

And don't forget the NFL itself has been pushing Buffalo for a new Stadium for a Decade, and I bet would of wanted the team moved if this couldn't get resolved

Edited by ddaryl