Bills release OL Daryl Williams

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Dont be surprised if the depth piece is also Austin Blythe OG/OC from the Chiefs. Spent time with Kromer in LA as well. He’d be a Feliciano type signing would be my guess

I thought about him too but being he started at Center last year so he might want starting money. 

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Was. Not. Expecting. That.

Wonder if Kromer feels he can make something of Ford; he must, to part with Williams at this point.

But....I did say that I did not think he was a guy to take a pay cut, he would say "give me a cut cut"

Bills save $6.3M and take on $3.6M dead cap

I’m not surprised. He was paid to be our starting RT.

Paying him $8+M to play guard would put him in the top 11 highest paid guards in the NFL.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/guard/

hard to argue he’s worth that as a guard.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Why does a pre June 1 release net us less cap savings than a post June 1 release?

And what’s the benefit of the Bills doing a pre June 1 cut instead?

POst June 1 designation allows team to spread dead cap over two years, instead of just the one coming up.

Just depends if Beane want more room this year or next.

However, for teams like the Giants who know they prolly gunna suck this year, you want to take all the dead cpl this year so you can start your rebuild and have proper cap room in year 2

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Bills Juggernaut said:

Wow. Has to be making room for big signing. Leaves big hole on oline. 

I think Beanre had to choose between Williams and Morse,  I still think they will ask Morse to take another pay cut and if he cannot trade Beasley he will be asked to accept pay cut or released.

Way too much noise on signing various players for nothing to happen and to sign any free agents that can help improve the team they need to make cuts and restructure or just no cap space to do it.

• Haha (+1) 2

Cutting all this dead weight to give us 30-40 million dollars to play with in free agency.

...oh wait, that's not what this is about.  We are just plain a cash strapped team and we are trying to clear space and make some difficult decisions to keep some of our own guys and maybe sign one or two free agents. 

I adore this team, but the Bills glasses some around here have been wearing have been a bit unreasonable...and blurry.

We are going to be fine, but again I'll state our 2021, especially as it jelled just before the playoffs, was a great team, top to bottom, and a potential world championship roster, save for the fact (which was a big one and played a big part in our season) that one of the best DBs in the league was out.*

* Honestly, when he went down in New Orleans I thought that was going to be the thing that would stop this team from going all the way.  Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, depending upon how you look at it, but it was so huge.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Williams is a solid player but it is kind of funny to look at the Giants Board and see them begging their FO to sign Williams & Feliciano.

I don't blame them.. They aren't bad players, (Williams as a G and Feliciano as depth) but just makes you realize where we are in terms of personnel when two guys we cut are viewed as must-sign players for the fanbase of another team. 

Edited by SCBills

21 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

What’s Saffold’s RAS?

Saffold and Corbett are about the same in the 8s

I believe James Daniels and Connor Williams are elite. Williams and Daniels get pinged because the came in rather light. They both put on like 20 pounds since they got into the league. 

3 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

Mark this date in history - there are presently no players named "Williams" on the Bills roster!  haha

Just in time to sign Connor Williams!

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Not shocked about this move but I don’t feel very good about the state of our o-line right now

Honestly, with Kromer in the mix, I feel better now than I have in the past few years.

Dawkins - Morse - Brown with Doyle and Ford as current depth doesn't have me worried on Day 1 of Free Agency.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.