How much did you pay for gas and groceries today?

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And, we're back to Trump?

I told you guys after the election....your guy is in charge now. Welcome to the fun! 

Republicans are talking about making Trump speaker if they win the House. Do you support that? Hey, maybe he could bring gas prices down, lol 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Republicans are talking about making Trump speaker if they win the House. Do you support that? Hey, maybe he could bring gas prices down, lol 

I could care less about this inside the beltway junior high gossip. It's exactly why this country's in the trouble it's in. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The stunner is these liberals aren’t celebrating higher energy prices.  Artificially overpriced fossil fuels are the only real economic path to green nirvana. 

Yes! Smaller cars will lead to lower gas prices! 

Come on America! Conserve! 

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I could care less about this inside the beltway junior high gossip. It's exactly why this country's in the trouble it's in. 

He's on the ballot! Trump wants to return as Speaker of the House! 

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Smaller cars?? That’s not going to stop the climate emergency! Bicycles made from hemp and bamboo…. Now that’s progressive. We all know Only people in government should have fancy gas powered cars and jets. 

32 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Smaller cars?? That’s not going to stop the climate emergency! Bicycles made from hemp and bamboo…. Now that’s progressive. We all know Only people in government should have fancy gas powered cars and jets. 

Yes! And here I thought you didn't get it! 

Regardless of what your politics are: how governments are reacting to the bump in fuel prices shows how inept they are. 
Example: California is considering a $400 “rebate” per licensed vehicle. Let’s say fuel prices are up 2 bucks per gallon. Let’s also assume (for the consumer market) 25 miles per

gallon. That means Gov Newsom will defray the added cost of driving 5,000 miles. Do we want people to drive those 5,000 miles despite fuel costing 2 bucks a gallon more? Even setting aside environmental concerns, any economist would tell you the answer is “no.” “No” is how we get markets to reach a new fuel price equilibrium. Let’s not mess with supply/demand curves. 
Plus: I don’t know if it would be some kind of fuel gift card or whether it would be a straight $400 per licensed vehicle direct deposit. If the latter, people who could shift to alternate means of transportation would get a windfall to buy a new OLED TV. (3 cars = $1200). So would teleworkers. 
Or waiving the gas tax: the gas tax is a user fee. If you don’t drive a gas engine vehicle, you don’t pay. So road maintenance will come out of …. Sales taxes? State income taxes? Won’t be done? How does this help?

Sometimes it seems like we are

governed by the economically illiterate. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Why all the exclamation marks? I'm putting you down as a no vote? 

• Dislike 1

On 3/28/2022 at 12:00 PM, Tiberius said:

He did when he was the president but i don't think so as speaker ... But he may be a good speaker because he doesn't know enough to stop talking that's for sure ! 

20 minutes ago, T master said:

He did when he was the president but i don't think so as speaker ... But he may be a good speaker because he doesn't know enough to stop talking that's for sure ! 

Give him a break. It’s not Listener of the House. 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 3/31/2022 at 7:36 AM, Irv said:

Things get too expensive.  Just start stealing.  Dems won’t keep you in jail if you get caught.  Go out and steal more.  What a mess.  

If i lived in a liberal city I just might try that, I though live a reasonable city where people who do that get arrested or shot 

6 hours ago, 716er said:

Went out to dinner tonight.

Pasta and steak, 4 drinks, 2 apps 

$1,456,292.00

Unreal

Did you dine and dash?  What a mess.