How much did you pay for gas and groceries today?

7 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

It will. It always does.  Once the midterms are finalized (regardless red or blue) and inflation is gotten under control things will take off.  And of course Biden will get credit. 😏

No, we can't ascribe the absolutely huuuge day on the markets to the surprisingly good Democratic showing on Tuesday alone. Nor is it the relatively good inflation numbers alone. 

But we can say this: the markets kind of like what's happening. Divided (mildly divided, but close) government makes crazy swings less likely.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No, we can't ascribe the absolutely huuuge day on the markets to the surprisingly good Democratic showing on Tuesday alone. Nor is it the relatively good inflation numbers alone. 

But we can say this: the markets kind of like what's happening. Divided (mildly divided, but close) government makes crazy swings less likely.

Piggy backing on your point, best thing for market is less government interference, which is cause by a split in the chambers. Truly best is generally when the house and senate are united against the president since everything that passes must be moderate. 

12 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Piggy backing on your point, best thing for market is less government interference, which is cause by a split in the chambers. Truly best is generally when the house and senate are united against the president since everything that passes must be moderate. 

Nothing will pass.  The majority of Democrats and Republicans in the center are afraid to anger the powers that control the political parties at the extremes.    

15 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It's all this.

On 11/10/2022 at 6:55 PM, SoCal Deek said:

How much did I pay for gas today? Zero. Just took delivery of my new EV this past week. I ordered it in January! 🙄

Cool, insane back orders on those.  What did you go with or do you prefer not to mention… 

What will you drive during heat waves? 😝 

On 11/10/2022 at 6:31 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

Tuesday had little to do with anything, it was all about inflation data. Look at what happened w/10 year bond yields and mortgage rates.

There is still a remote probability dems keep both houses which could hurt the market since hope for gridlock is already priced in. 

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Cool, insane back orders on those.  What did you go with or do you prefer not to mention… 

What will you drive during heat waves? 😝 

I got the BMW i4….and it is utterly AMAZING! Filled it up on the road for $10.50 yesterday. Incredibly fast and rides like glass. 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I got the BMW i4….and it is utterly AMAZING! Filled it up on the road for $10.50 yesterday. Incredibly fast and rides like glass. 

Congrats.. Interesting- I may check in with you in time. We are x5, 435 household if we electrify it’s that or etron. 

fast af I hear. Sweet ride. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Congrats.. Interesting- I may check in with you in time. We are x5, 435 household if we electrify it’s that or etron. 

fast af I hear. Sweet ride. 

Feel free to check in. The BMW gets way better range than the Audi, which is why I went with it. It was cheaper than the Tesla Model Y…and way better appointed. So far, I’m just having a lot of fun with it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Feel free to check in. The BMW gets way better range than the Audi, which is why I went with it. It was cheaper than the Tesla Model Y…and way better appointed. So far, I’m just having a lot of fun with it.

Booooo to you turn signal missing, stop sign running BMW snobs!

😀

We're an Audi family (wife and I), kids drive VW's.  Like my gasser A6, test drove an AMG E53, should have purchased that but was concerned about the smaller inside/trunk.

We frequently take long drives and I'm very concerned by the charging stops.  Not sure what vehicle/brand we will be driving in the next few years.  Please post updates on your experiences with the ride!

• 3 weeks later...

Aaaaand car insurance just went up FORTY dollars a month. 

Reason given - costs.  

I told the prick on the phone it’s time to lay people off there.  Don’t worry corporate will start the layoffs once DeSantis takes office.  

They’re holding out as long as they can rn until the 2024 election.  

Many won’t be able to but a lot will hold out. 

It’s coming folks.  It’s all unsustainable unless you have no kids.      

Oh wait, maybe that’s the goal….