How much did you pay for gas and groceries today?

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

$50 to pick up dinner for a family of 4 at chipotle!? 

that’s !@#$ insane 

Had this exact experience last week.  60 bucks for 5 of us.  

Feels like they're charging extra for lettuce and the tortilla now.  

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Had this exact experience last week.  60 bucks for 5 of us.  

Feels like they're charging extra for lettuce and the tortilla now.  

Sure but let that soul less sycophantic  condescending  ginger b!tch lecture me on economics and transient inflation. Or fake ride the bike to work Pete tell me to just get a Tesla.

These dolts took the easiest slam dunk home run economic recovery in history and screwed up every single possible facet. 

The level of incompetence on display is unprecedented.  AGAIN! It’s even worse than the last dumpster fire and it’s by a lot! 

that is absofugginglutely incredible 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Excellent. So gas prices can come down in about 3 months 😡 

A lot still depends if other countries beside US cut off Russian oil or if Russia decides to stop exporting oil and gas could wreak real havoc on Europe and US oil price. I don't think that will happen, oil at least needs somewhere to go , I think.

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

that’s !@#$ insane 

You know what’s insane?   The ordering/production line.  Yes, I know you can online order and avoid the challenge with the expectation that only one of the four or five orders will be wrong, but our family is all about tailoring their particular order.  

Anyways, show up, wait in line.  I’m cool with that because I recognize I choose to tailor my order.  

Lead meal maker is often young with precious few social skills.  They are behind a snot screen, masked, speaking quietly to upsize the muffle,  and apparently part of a two or three team Swat team system designed to take part, but not all of your order before passing off to team number 2, or 3.  

I am then required to balance the new order with the in-progress order, jumping back and forth between “That was HOT and corn salsa!” and “Please, I asked for fajita veggies, put some $&@&&ing fajita veggies on the damn thing!”.  

By the end, I’m reminding team member 2, or 3, it was 4 Chips and Guacamole, not 5, and one Chip and Queso, all while using my card to pay and telling them I’m still waiting on my cup for soda. 

I hate it, I really do.  If Biden issued an executive order to fix that process of suck and pain, I’d probably campaign for him.  

13 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Excellent. So gas prices can come down in about 3 months 😡 

Just drive a fuel efficient car. Stop waiting for the government to save you 

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

that’s !@#$ insane 

Really? That sounds like normal. Chipotle is kind of expensive compared to other fast food places 

34 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Just drive a fuel efficient car. Stop waiting for the government to save you 

How is the fuel for your “fuel efficient” vehicle produced?  What is the supply chain for the batteries in your fuel efficient vehicle?  What makes it efficient?  

Oh so many questions.  

Oh and the irony of a lefty telling us to stop waiting for the government to save us. 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You know what’s insane?   The ordering/production line.  Yes, I know you can online order and avoid the challenge with the expectation that only one of the four or five orders will be wrong, but our family is all about tailoring their particular order.  

Anyways, show up, wait in line.  I’m cool with that because I recognize I choose to tailor my order.  

Lead meal maker is often young with precious few social skills.  They are behind a snot screen, masked, speaking quietly to upsize the muffle,  and apparently part of a two or three team Swat team system designed to take part, but not all of your order before passing off to team number 2, or 3.  

I am then required to balance the new order with the in-progress order, jumping back and forth between “That was HOT and corn salsa!” and “Please, I asked for fajita veggies, put some $&@&&ing fajita veggies on the damn thing!”.  

By the end, I’m reminding team member 2, or 3, it was 4 Chips and Guacamole, not 5, and one Chip and Queso, all while using my card to pay and telling them I’m still waiting on my cup for soda. 

I hate it, I really do.  If Biden issued an executive order to fix that process of suck and pain, I’d probably campaign for him.  

It sounds like ordering online and taking the risk of one being wrong is a much better fit.