How much did you pay for gas and groceries today?

https://thehustle.co/the-economics-of-costco-rotisserie-chicken/amp/
the ultimate inflation buster:

1. Go to Costco. Head to back of store. Eat all samples. Circle back for seconds as soon as ancient sample server has likely forgotten you (10 minutes tops). Avoid purchasing cheesy seasonal decor on way in (or out). I no longer even bring matching Santa and Mrs Claus gnome-like statuettes out of the attic. Also avoid booze area on way out. 
2. Pick up rotisserie chicken. 
3. Head to front of store for $1.50 hot dog and drink combo. 
4. Have heart attack at 65 and Medicare will pay for  in-room hospital dining. 
5. Repeat. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

As old Joe would say, c'mon man. Is that for one week? $300 per person? What the heck are you eating? Ain't nobody spending that much for eating at home.

You still think $40 a day per person is unreasonable?  Most good cuts of steak of $15 a pound at Publix, lunch meat is $10, decent seafood is $20 a pound,  fruits and vegetables have gone up substantially if you want anything out of season. Now add in anything that is a luxury, like a dessert or alcohol and $40 a day is something you do easily. 

I understand this is not groceries but my AC went out this week and it cost me $2k to get the full repair of what would have been a $700 repair a few years ago due to supply shortages. The part is literally in such short supply that paid $800 for it when in 2019 it was $150

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

You still think $40 a day per person is unreasonable?  Most good cuts of steak of $15 a pound at Publix, lunch meat is $10, decent seafood is $20 a pound,  fruits and vegetables have gone up substantially if you want anything out of season. Now add in anything that is a luxury, like a dessert or alcohol and $40 a day is something you do easily. 

I understand this is not groceries but my AC went out this week and it cost me $2k to get the full repair of what would have been a $700 repair a few years ago due to supply shortages. The part is literally in such short supply that paid $800 for it when in 2019 it was $150

The Dems need to minimize/ignore the shitshow Joke has made the country.

• 2 weeks later...

I just heard on a local show that the American people have had a extra $450 a month added to their over all expenses since the same time last year that's quite a increase especially for folks that are on fixed incomes . Tell Joe thanks ...

2 hours ago, T master said:

I just heard on a local show that the American people have had a extra $450 a month added to their over all expenses since the same time last year that's quite a increase especially for folks that are on fixed incomes . Tell Joe thanks ...

But no mean tweets