How much did you pay for gas and groceries today?

Inflation soars to nearly 80% in Turkey as food prices double

Consumer prices increased by 78.6% last month compared to June 2021, driven by the soaring cost of food and drink and transportation. Food prices have almost doubled in a year, while the cost of transport was up 123%, according to data from the Turkish Statistical Institute.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/04/economy/turkey-inflation-food-energy/index.html

16 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Or maybe they're part of the 2% of Americans believing the "all is well" narrative the administration is peddling?  

Or they are ignorant like you and think your party isn’t out to destroy our republic.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Or they are ignorant like you and think your party isn’t out to destroy our republic.

Yes, everybody that doesn't agree with you exists to fulfill their sole objective in life of destroying the republic. Congratulations on exposing this ever present menace.  How wonderful for you! 

But maybe, just maybe, if you get your head out of your ass you might look around and see the reality that the people executing a real-time plan to destroy the republic are sitting in the White House and controlling Congress.  Making up excuses and blaming everybody but themselves for all the problems.  So far they're doing a fantastic job.  The historically low job approval ratings they're receiving show it.  You should be proud of the mess you're supporting that they've created in a record time of just one and a half years.  Now we have a recession and with any luck and a little more effort they can turn it into a global depression.    

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Yes, everybody that doesn't agree with you exists to fulfill their sole objective in life of destroying the republic. Congratulations on exposing this ever present menace.  How wonderful for you! 

But maybe, just maybe, if you get your head out of your ass you might look around and see the reality that the people executing a real-time plan to destroy the republic are sitting in the White House and controlling Congress.  Making up excuses and blaming everybody but themselves for all the problems.  So far they're doing a fantastic job.  The historically low job approval ratings they're receiving show it.  You should be proud of the mess you're supporting that they've created in a record time of just one and a half years.  Now we have a recession and with any luck and a little more effort they can turn it into a global depression.    

Putin role in gas prices? OPEC pumping below their capacity? Biden can't control markets, and he shouldn't. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Putin role in gas prices? OPEC pumping below their capacity? Biden can't control markets, and he shouldn't. 

In other words, Biden is impotent on the foreign stage. (Insert Biden tweet here about being the only guy that’s gone toe to toe with Putin - I don’t feel up to it because I have COVID even though Biden promised to shut down the virus but that’s a whole nother tweet). 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Biden has a big problem.  Nobody believes that excuse.  Just 11% of respondents in a recent poll believe his assertion that Putin is to blame.  So when 89% of America disagrees with Biden's policy and his answer is tough sheet in what amounts to a government policy that completely ignores the interests of American voters and citizens what should we do?  Suck it up and let the fool destroy what he hasn't destroyed yet?  Or vote out his majority and neutralize the senile old fool for the remainder of his term?  I say plan B.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Biden has a big problem.  Nobody believes that excuse.  Just 11% of respondents in a recent poll believe his assertion that Putin is to blame.  So when 89% of America disagrees with Biden's policy and his answer is tough sheet in what amounts to a government policy that completely ignores the interests of American voters and citizens what should we do?  Suck it up and let the fool destroy what he hasn't destroyed yet?  Or vote out his majority and neutralize the senile old fool for the remainder of his term?  I say plan B.

My God man....don't you realize we're in a "time of war" and "global peril"? 

• Haha (+1) 2

Oil tumbles as much as 10%, breaks below $100 as recession fears mount

Citi said Tuesday that Brent could fall to $65 by the end of this year should the economy tip into a recession.

Citi has been one of the few oil bears at a time when other firms, such as Goldman Sachs, have called for oil to hit $140 or more.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/05/oil-tumbles-more-than-8percent-breaks-below-100-as-recession-fears-mount.html

Edited by ALF

23 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

My God man....don't you realize we're in a "time of war" and "global peril"? 

You know what I find funny and more than a tad ironic?  Politicians across the political spectrum make all kinds of campaign promises saying they're going to do this and do that.  They all claim God-like powers to do anything and everything.  Cure the sick, save the poor, end all crime, educate every child, produce world peace and perpetual prosperity.  And the whopper of them all, cut taxes and improve government services!

I don't recall every seeing or hearing a political campaign ad and promise or debate where anyone said vote for me because I'm lying through my teeth, none of my proposed policies or programs will have any impact on your lives, I have no control over anything, and I will accept no accountability for any negative or adverse consequences during my term.  But here's Joe saying just that.   

30 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You know what I find funny and more than a tad ironic?  Politicians across the political spectrum make all kinds of campaign promises saying they're going to do this and do that.  They all claim God-like powers to do anything and everything.  Cure the sick, save the poor, end all crime, educate every child, produce world peace and perpetual prosperity.  And the whopper of them all, cut taxes and improve government services!

I don't recall every seeing or hearing a political campaign ad and promise or debate where anyone said vote for me because I'm lying through my teeth, none of my proposed policies or programs will have any impact on your lives, I have no control over anything, and I will accept no accountability for any negative or adverse consequences during my term.  But here's Joe saying just that.   

Correction....Biden campaigned on raising taxes and never mentioned a thing about 'improving' the quality of government services, other than that he intended to increase the quantity of them.

• Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Correction....Biden campaigned on raising taxes and never mentioned a thing about 'improving' the quality of government services, other than that he intended to increase the quantity of them.

Campaigned on WHAT?

Raising taxes on WHO?

Couldn't be bothered to back up your BS?  Didn't think so...

Now do Trump - who paid for the wall?  who got a tax cut?  who benefited off ppp loans?

smfh

35 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Campaigned on WHAT?

Raising taxes on WHO?

Couldn't be bothered to back up your BS?  Didn't think so...

Now do Trump - who paid for the wall?  who got a tax cut?  who benefited off ppp loans?

smfh

I’m sorry? You get your feelings hurt there? Your guy is in charge now….deal with it! Own it!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m sorry? You get your feelings hurt there? Your guy is in charge now….deal with it! Own it!

THANK GOD we don't have Putin's puppet in charge...

So, now source to back up your BS?

Thought so.