How much did you pay for gas and groceries today?

Well yesterday i filled my truck it use to be when reading 1/4 tank between $48 to $50 & it is now $110 .

Got 5 of the small walmart bags of groceries yesterday too & it was $120 not exactly sure how much more that is but i know it is more .

A friend of mine had his son drive him to work this week because he owns a diesel pick up & fuel is close to $6.00 a gallon here in TN. I wish Joe would hurry up & kiss Saudi Arabia's or Venezuela's a** so the price would go down .

That dam Putin !!! 

Edited by T master

Just now, Buffalo Timmy said:

What do you suggest happens?

It's just that Tibs is a Leftist and has no idea how incentives work in an Economy.  He can't track or understand rates of return, capital flows, etc etc

For instance, Leftists are crowing about "Biden Deficit Reduction", but that's because they're too stupid to realize that's resultant from the Federal Reserve and Federal Gov't just PUMPING money into the Markets and Economy, leading to Trillions in short-term paper wealth profits, leading to lesser-Trillions in short-term cap-gains tax receipts, but ultimately not fundamentally changing anything, and in fact leading to this hyper-inflationary situation that's going to destroy livelihoods faster than they can say "Fossil Fuels Are Bad"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

What do you suggest happens?

The American people should solve this. Everyone should improve their gas milage. Smaller cars, more fuel efficient and that will save people money and drive down costs. 

7 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

It's just that Tibs is a Leftist and has no idea how incentives work in an Economy.  He can't track or understand rates of return, capital flows, etc etc

For instance, Leftists are crowing about "Biden Deficit Reduction", but that's because they're too stupid to realize that's resultant from the Federal Reserve and Federal Gov't just PUMPING money into the Markets and Economy, leading to Trillions in short-term paper wealth profits, leading to lesser-Trillions in short-term cap-gains tax receipts, but ultimately not fundamentally changing anything, and in fact leading to this hyper-inflationary situation that's going to destroy livelihoods faster than they can say "Fossil Fuels Are Bad"

So you have zero ideas. Ok) 

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The American people should solve this. Everyone should improve their gas milage. Smaller cars, more fuel efficient and that will save people money and drive down costs. 

So you have zero ideas. Ok) 

Wrong

Declare COVID over.  We can debate about what it ever was (it was a global Psy Op that we fell for) but no matter, it's gone and is dramatically affecting our economy.  People need to go to work.  The Biden Admin needs to have the courage to declare this "Pandemic" is no longer a National Emergency and people need to get back to work to earn a living.

Remove the punitive language and disincentives toward Energy production...ESG-related innovations are happening regardless, no need to punish the lower-40% of Americans to make John Kerry happy.

Yes, maintain low overall Tax rates.  It's an important incentive to invest here.

Essentially, just do every thing that Trump was doing without the bombast that weak-minded Leftists can't take (nevermind that the Racist and Hate nonsense was creationism by radical Leftist media)

3 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

Wrong

Declare COVID over.  We can debate about what it ever was (it was a global Psy Op that we fell for) but no matter, it's gone and is dramatically affecting our economy.  People need to go to work.  The Biden Admin needs to have the courage to declare this "Pandemic" is no longer a National Emergency and people need to get back to work to earn a living.

Remove the punitive language and disincentives toward Energy production...ESG-related innovations are happening regardless, no need to punish the lower-40% of Americans to make John Kerry happy.

Yes, maintain low overall Tax rates.  It's an important incentive to invest here.

Essentially, just do every thing that Trump was doing without the bombast that weak-minded Leftists can't take (nevermind that the Racist and Hate nonsense was creationism by radical Leftist media)

Global psyop??? Ha ha 

Whatever 

The Biden Recession Has Arrived

No doubt about it, the economic news in recent weeks has been relentlessly negative. Indicator after indicator shows activity plunging sharply in key parts of the economy. Now, a widely followed indicator signals economic growth is likely to be zero in the current quarter, after the first quarter’s “unexpected” 1.4% decline.

Buckle up, looks like we’re entering a recession, folks.

Let’s review just some of the economic carnage of recent days:

The Fed raised interest rates by 3/4 of a percentage point on Wednesday, the largest hike since 1994, as the central bank desperately tries to rein in our near-9% inflation rate. Mortgage rates surged above 6%, the highest since 2008, a level that is likely to tank home sales and hit consumers’ pocketbooks hard as adjustable-rate mortgages move upward along with interest rates.

Producer prices soared at a 10.8% rate in May, an ominous sign of higher inflation for consumers down the road. That followed last week’s 8.6% yearly CPI number, the highest since 1981.

Retail sales fell 0.3% in May, but jumped 8.1% from a year earlier. A good sign? Hardly. Adjusted for CPI inflation, growth was minus 0.5%.

Small business optimism is its lowest ever, the National Federation of Independent Business said. This is key because small businesses are the No. 1 employer in America, usually first to hire in good times and first to fire in a slump.

“Meanwhile,” AP reports, “the national average price at the pump reached $5.01 per gallon on Tuesday, up from $4.45 a month ago, and surging more than 60% in one year.”

And before Wednesday, when the stock market rallied in relief that the Fed finally recognized the seriousness of the inflation problem, all of the post-Trump stock market gains had been erased.

The Atlanta Fed’s GDPNow indicator, a kind of running tab of GDP data, fell to zero on Wednesday. A rule of thumb says two or more quarters of zero or negative growth equals a recession. By that standard, the Biden recession is here.

To sum it all up, “Between bad fiscal policy, bad monetary policy, and terrible energy policy, this is the witch’s brew that created this record-high inflation,” former Trump economic adviser Larry Kudlow told Fox Business’ Stuart Varney on Wednesday.

Joe Biden let it happen by following the awful advice of his White House advisers and the far-left Clown College he calls a Cabinet, possibly the most inept collection of political ideologues in our nation’s history. And that’s saying a lot.

https://issuesinsights.com/2022/06/16/bidens-recession-from-risk-to-real/

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

So the Carter sweater policy? Decrease demand for energy? Ok- it sadly is the best idea I heard from a liberal in a long time because at least it won't make things worse.

35 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So the Carter sweater policy? Decrease demand for energy? Ok- it sadly is the best idea I heard from a liberal in a long time because at least it won't make things worse.

Stop looking to government to solve all your problems! 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, B-Man said:

Oooops said the quiet part out loud 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Government, I want a big truck, make it cheap to drive. I don't want to take control of my own life 

Economics make it cheap to drive. If the government got out of the way gas would be $1 a gallon

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Government, I want a big truck, make it cheap to drive. I don't want to take control of my own life 

Or:

Government, don't screw up a pretty good system that works for all.

We're way beyond that.

Hopefully, that changes.

• Awesome! (+1) 1