How much did you pay for gas and groceries today?

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

Gas prices will surpass $6 nationwide by August, JPMorgan says

According to JPMorgan, prices could surge another 37% by August, hitting a $6.20 per gallon national average. 

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/gas-prices-rising-august-summer-demand-2022

I can't even imagine it going that high beside California

Why do you think it’s happening?

14 minutes ago, Westside said:

Why do you think it’s happening?

The covid disaster shut down the world , so massive retirements and workers in energy moved on. Inept politicians made it a lot worse , yes Biden can raise his hand. They are saying it will take time to get enough energy workers back and train them. Trying to limit Russia and Iran exports make it worse , Venezuela is a mess.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

ETTD

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/opinion/contributors/2022/05/16/canada-has-its-own-baby-formula-problem.html

Nothing like BT to get upset by stupid people. Canada imports the majority of it's formula and it would not share what it has with us at this time. It is like being pissed that NY does not share it's solar power with FL. 

13 hours ago, BillStime said:

Once again - when it comes to the cult - it's not about YOU - it's about THEM

Idiots

In 2014 under Obama abott lobbied to have less inspections. They got their way. Now there is a crisis. The vote btw is to simply put more money towards more inspections going forward and does nothing to help current supply. Congrats 

A year ago I was planning on buying a new pickup around now, thinking Covid, hopefully, would calm down, gas prices would still be about the same, new vehicles would become available again and that Biden and his handlers couldn’t possibly put this country into an unprecedented mire comparable to the Great Depression.

Unfortunately the Dems have achieved the worst imaginable and in a sense, put a lasso around the necks of middle America like no one ever could have imagined.

Long may you run, my Lariat, looks like it’ll be my first and last new buy vehicle of my life.

This was all done on purpose 

They all knew the consequences 

The Dems knew their boot licking branch covidians would believe everything they told them.  

What's that called..... mass formation psychosis?  Someone get cancelled for suggesting that?

• Like (+1) 1

Chicken wings for $34? Pent-up inflation driving food costs higher

Consumer prices for food rose 9.4% in April compared with a year earlier, the biggest gain since 1981.

With a gallon of milk up about 25% since before the pandemic, and retail bacon 35% higher, it’s hard to imagine how US food inflation could get any worse. But evidence suggests that even higher prices are on the horizon.

Consumers have actually been shielded so far from the full brunt of soaring expenses that are facing producers, distributors and small businesses like restaurants. But they can only hold back for so much longer.

Take the case of Jeff Good, who co-founded three restaurants in Jackson, Mississippi. Around 18 months ago, a 40-pound box of chicken wings cost him about $85. Now, it can go as high as roughly $150. Expenses for cooking oil and flour have nearly doubled in the past five months, he said. But it’s not just ingredient prices going up. He’s paying more for labor and services, too. Even the company that maintains his air conditioners has tacked on a $40 fuel charge per visit. To cope, he’s raised menu prices.

https://www.ocregister.com/2022/05/18/chicken-wings-for-34-pent-up-inflation-driving-food-costs-higher/

Gas stations throughout Washington are reprogramming their gas pumps to allow for double-digit prices as some in the area are running out of gas, according to a recent report.

One 76 Gas Station in Auburn, Washington, reprogrammed its gas pumps to “make room” for gas upwards of $10 a gallon, according to The Post Millennial. The move comes as gas prices continue to set record highs. On Thursday, national gas prices hit a record high for the tenth day in a row at $4.58 per gallon, according to AAA. This is more than $1.50 higher than the average price one year ago today, which was $3.04 per gallon.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/19/gas-stations-in-washington-brace-for-10-a-gallon-amid-gas-shortages/

He does.  Annnnnd they don't care.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 1

$90 for a tank of gas and that’s WITH $.40 off per gallon with my Ralph’s points.  I’m ok seeing since we retired in January we no longer commute.  I can’t imagine what commuters are going through now.  

Did she ever answer the question regarding where that additional $5k is going to come from?  

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

$90 for a tank of gas and that’s WITH $.40 off per gallon with my Ralph’s points.  I’m ok seeing since we retired in January we no longer commute.  I can’t imagine what commuters are going through now.  

Did she ever answer the question regarding where that additional $5k is going to come from?  

No need to worry about that because “The President knows what the American people is going through”

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/19/2022 at 12:40 AM, Big Blitz said:

Up to $4.55 a gallon this week in NOVA

I paid $11 for a number 7 at Burger King tonight.  One of them Ch'king things.  

Stop calling them value meals.   

BK is still a good deal if you use a coupon.   Here in WNY I regularly get coups for a $5 Whopper Meal (Whopper, small fries, small drink (which is actually not that small)).

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Perhaps you can share the tax plan you refer to, or are you just making stuff up again?

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Perhaps you can share the tax plan you refer to, or are you just making stuff up again?

BTW - what have I made up?