Surprised not hearing more Bills restructures/cuts

jahnyc

I am surprised that there has not been more information coming out about restructurings of current contracts with certain players (i.e., Morse, Dawkins, etc.), cuts or salary reductions (Beasley, Williams, others as possibilities), extensions (i.e. Diggs) or even tenders to restricted free agents (i.e,. Bates).  Maybe there haven't been any restructures other than the ones reported so far, but that would be odd to me given the rumors of the Bills' interest in a number of free agents and associated need for cap room.  Same with possible cuts.  I thought the Bills would extend Diggs to get more cap space, but Beane said there have not been conversations about this.

I would understand the hesitancy to restructure White's contract given his injury, but there are a number of other contracts that could be restructured freeing up cap space.  Will be interesting to see if there have been restructures or reductions in salary that have not been reported yet.  There also were a lot of rumors that Morse was going to retire.  I assume that he would have decided by now if he was going to do so.  As for additional cuts, I would have thought the Bills would make them before the start of free agency to give the players the best opportunity to find employment with another team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

35 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

I am surprised that there has not been more information coming out about restructurings of current contracts with certain players (i.e., Morse, Dawkins, etc.), cuts or salary reductions (Beasley, Williams, others as possibilities), extensions (i.e. Diggs) or even tenders to restricted free agents (i.e,. Bates).  Maybe there haven't been any restructures other than the ones reported so far, but that would be odd to me given the rumors of the Bills' interest in a number of free agents and associated need for cap room.  Same with possible cuts.  I thought the Bills would extend Diggs to get more cap space, but Beane said there have not been conversations about this.

I would understand the hesitancy to restructure White's contract given his injury, but there are a number of other contracts that could be restructured freeing up cap space.  Will be interesting to see if there have been restructures or reductions in salary that have not been reported yet.  There also were a lot of rumors that Morse was going to retire.  I assume that he would have decided by now if he was going to do so.  As for additional cuts, I would have thought the Bills would make them before the start of free agency to give the players the best opportunity to find employment with another team.

your amazement is based in part off rumors you read on the internet? I’m no brain scientist, but maybe you’re forming your stupid assumptions based on bad information. League year starts in earnest tomorrow with the tampering period. Wait and see please.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, klos63 said:

They won't do a restructure until they actually need to the money. If they don't sign anyone, wouldn't be wise to restructure.

Why?  The unused money just rolls over to the next year.  If it’s an extension I get your point, but a restructure should be a wash.  

11 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I figured we would see more, but I tend to think it’s going to be more action around the opening bell.  If they can get Wagner, Jones, etc to commit they will trade Edmunds, cut Beasley, and restructure as needed.

Doesn’t look like Wagner is on the radar.

12 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I figured we would see more, but I tend to think it’s going to be more action around the opening bell.  If they can get Wagner, Jones, etc to commit they will trade Edmunds, cut Beasley, and restructure as needed.

Where have you seen the Bills linked to Wagner outside some on this board constantly daydreaming?  I haven’t seen any legit speculation about Wagner.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eee1776 said:

Did I hear right that Steve Tasker said Matt Milano was released on The Cris and Steve show? The look on Cris Browns face is like that news is not out yet.

It is Beane's intention to release our best LB and lose three million in cap space by doing so.

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, eee1776 said:

Did I hear right that Steve Tasker said Matt Milano was released on The Cris and Steve show? The look on Cris Browns face is like that news is not out yet.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but that would be asinine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, eee1776 said:

This is the type of late night Free Agency talk I'm here for!

• Haha (+1) 8

Beane doesn’t like restructuring.  I think for the piece he will do it.  Id expect a deal being agreed to and Buffalo makes moves to make it work.  NFL is an arms race.  To win it all Buffalo needs to do more than running it back.  Gotta improve.  Running game, run defense and corner need improving imo.  Im curious to see what happens.

1 hour ago, eee1776 said:

Gonna need a link to this chief. Sounds like complete bs

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.