Cousins agrees to 1 year extension with Minny

BillsMafi$

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

To me they’re almost the same QB. Both put up the flashy stats, but are inconsistent and lack leadership to help elevate their teams

Inconsistent as Cousins may be, Carr is worse.  

I think Cousins could get a team like the 49ers over the hump, where Garoppolo cannot.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

1. Decent numbers but can’t win anything when it matters;

2. His personality is personally off-putting for me. 

That's the entire tier of QBs below the elite ones.  They need that extra something, whether it be a playmaker on offense (like a Deebo) or a stout defense to win a chip. 

They aren't going to carry you there.

Edited by Chicken Boo

1 minute ago, LeviF said:

One of the laws of the universe is that a Kirk Cousins-led team cannot stray too far from .500. 

Sir Isaac Newton, correct?

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Wow...Vikings would rather appear to be trying rather than actually win.

In fairness, they didn't have a lot of options, no?

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

Inconsistent as Cousins may be, Carr is worse.  

I think Cousins could get a team like the 49ers over the hump, where Garoppolo cannot.

It's splitting hairs but I disagree. I've never seen a more risk averse QB than Cousins. He makes Trent Edwards look like Indiana Jones.

On the other hand I think Carr understands risk/reward better than Cousins and Garrapolo absolutely doesn't fear throwing the ball anywhere in any situation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

That's the entire tier of QBs below the elite ones.  They need that extra something, whether it be a playmaker on offense or a stout defense to win a chip. 

They aren't going to carry you there.

agreed. Not all the tier-2 QBs are insufferable dbags though. Cousins and (to a certain extent) Wilson got that market cornered.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Sir Isaac Newton, correct?

In fairness, they didn't have a lot of options, no?

It's splitting hairs but I disagree. I've never seen a more risk averse QB than Cousins. He makes Trent Edwards look like Indiana Jones.

On the other hand I think Carr understands risk/reward better than Cousins and Garrapolo absolutely doesn't fear throwing the ball anywhere in any situation.

They had a lot of options. Teams would rather choose to be mediocre rather than choose to try and be really good even if they have to be bad first.

Yeah I know...fans, tickets, merchandise, etc...but at the end of the day, they aren't competing for anything with him other than a first round playoff win at best and then getting smoked in the divisional round 

After next season Cousins will have made just about a quarter billion dollars. $250 Million. 

The NFL: “State and local governments, can you help fund a $1.5B stadium”

Also the NFL: “We value Kirk Cousins as a reasonable investment of 1/4B dollars”

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

You know Jimmy got to a SB with San Fran right? Kirk has barely sniffed the playoffs

You know jimmy g is the biggest game manager in the league and sucks in the playoffs but gets carried by his running game and defense, right? If there’s anyone that proves wins aren’t a qb stat it’s him.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/jimmy-garoppolo-playoff-stats-with-49ers

Who's the alternative?  Until you find someone better, you still have a chance to make the playoffs. Vikings have a dynamic offense, but the team couldn't close out so many games last season. They are banking on the new coach to fix that.  Not a horrible risk.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.