Edit! McKenzie is back on a 2 year deal worth 4.4 million

BillsMafi$

Good and smart signing. Observing they way Beane at all work, they sign whom they can to not have any massive holes come draft time so they are able to be flexible and truly take BPA. Good practice to not pigeon hole yourself into a bad reach! 
glad he is back! But dam I would love some Jameson Williams! Lol

That's good news. I've always thought he had the potential to be a solid contributor on offense, but I didn't expect him to re-sign with the Bills,  especially before FA starts.  Although I still expect them to draft a WR fairly high, this reduces the urgency somewhat.  On the down side, if there was any chance of Cole Beasely returning,  this probably ends it. 

I had him returning to Buffalo at $2.75M....(basically a $2M hit on the Bills cap).....if he really got $4M that's another $1M type over-pay.

The investment is large enough that he's gotta' be considered the starting slot receiver...........but also small enough that you can see them paying a high end veteran TE to pair with Knox and using more 12 personnel.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Dislike 2

I am very pleased they were able to sign him.

I am a fan of his play on the field and his involvement with the community off of it.

He is an authentic, original character and bleeds for the Bills.

Just the type of guy I want to be part of our soon to be Super Bowl Championship team.

Congratulations Lil' Dirty!

• Like (+1) 7

McKenzie has paid his dues as a Buffalo Bill.

Time to see what he can do in the slot full time.

Plus Josh loves him, which is most important.

Diggs, Davis, Knox, Singletary and McKenzie give the Bills top of the line weaponry and there aren't too many footballs to go around outside of those five.

And the oldest one is Diggs at 29. Beautiful 

Edited by njbuff
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Love it. Good value. Always better to sign your own guys too.

i may be in the minority, but I am hoping they still bring Beasley back on a restructured deal. 

I don’t think you in the minority, I also want Beasley back

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

It's a decent move, he played well down the stretch and will provide the same as Beasley for about 2M less.

Maybe. Beasley was really good on 3rd down and produced a lot of first downs. McKenzie is more explosive but Beasley was quick and difficult to defend in the short zones.  Not saying McKenzie can't do that, but he hasn't showed that part of his game. 

Stevenson could be in the mix at slot WR too.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.