Edit! McKenzie is back on a 2 year deal worth 4.4 million

BillsMafi$

On 3/13/2022 at 8:20 PM, The Wiz said:

He was a big part of it.  Emphasis on was.  McK took over that role later in the year as the underneath guy.  Beas was still producing but I like the idea of McK in the slot better with his speed.

Yes,  McKenzie had a few very good games, but Beasley has had a slew of good games and big catches often in games where he did not have big yards. 

You'd have to admit, we really don't know if McKenzie can become a consistent threat in the slot.  We think he can, as he shown flashes, and because he has been underutilized.  But we don't know that he will be that kind of player.

We do know what Beasley can do, and what he will likely do for a few more years. I know his stats were not great last year, but now the short game is going to be featured more, as the Bills learned the importance of that this year. Beasley will catch a lot of balls.

Why roll the dice, and eliminate one of the Bill most important offensive players of the last 3 years? 

7 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Yes,  McKenzie had a few very good games, but Beasley has had a slew of good games and big catches often in games where he did not have big yards. 

You'd have to admit, we really don't know if McKenzie can become a consistent threat in the slot.  We think he can, as he shown flashes, and because he has been underutilized.  But we don't know that he will be that kind of player.

We do know what Beasley can do, and what he will likely do for a few more years. I know his stats were not great last year, but now the short game is going to be featured more, as the Bills learned the importance of that this year. Beasley will catch a lot of balls.

Why roll the dice, and eliminate one of the Bill most important offensive players of the last 3 years? 

Could be for a number of reasons.  Considering when he started with the other WR/TE's and where they are at now.  He is less of a necessity.  There is also the question of how Dorsey envisions running the offense especially now with a pass catching RB in the backfield.  So we have Diggs, Davis, Knox, Mckenzie and Mckissic.  

I will always appreciate what he did to help Allen and the team when he signed but feel like he has become less and less important.

JMO.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 10:35 PM, Mister Defense said:

It appeared the Beas was no longer happy in NewYork, he eliminated himself, there were no hard feelings, and Beane let him go early to find himself a new deal, the circumstance was handled very professionally by Beane, as usual, and now both parties have moved on, not much more to say about it. 

Go Bills!!!

On 4/18/2022 at 1:55 PM, BillsFan4 said:

He says he’s headed to LA to be on America’s got talent. 

And finally we learn why he was on the show

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-isaiah-mckenzie-auditions-for-americas-got-talent-with-nfl-player-choir/article_f2272096-c4b3-11ec-98bb-57b58ab0ef5f.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/15/2022 at 10:35 PM, Mister Defense said:

I think this was posted just before the Jamison Crowder signing. I loved Beasley and wanted McKenzie back. Signing Jamison Crowder made me feel a lot more at ease with the slot position now. Has your opinion changed?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 3:16 PM, RocCityRoller said:

I think this was posted just before the Jamison Crowder signing. I loved Beasley and wanted McKenzie back. Signing Jamison Crowder made me feel a lot more at ease with the slot position now. Has your opinion changed?

A little, but I am still concerned.

And maybe even a little more soon after this post, as I found out that Beasley had broken ribs last year.

The first time I began to consistently realize Allen was going to be a super star was when he started finding Beasley, effortlessly, in stride, in the slot. It was when Allen started to look like the other HOF quarterbacks I have seen play in the Ralph: Bradshaw,  Warner, Montana...

Pretty shocked that Beasley has not signed somewhere else by now.  May be because of the vaccination controversy.  But I am glad that, so far, he is not a weapon for one of the other young guns, like Herbert, Burrow, Watson, and even Tua.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

A little, but I am still concerned.

And maybe even a little more soon after this post, as I found out that Beasley had broken ribs last year.

The first time I began to consistently realize Allen was going to be a super star was when he started finding Beasley, effortlessly, in stride, in the slot. It was when Allen started to look like the other HOF quarterbacks I have seen play in the Ralph: Bradshaw,  Warner, Montana...

Pretty shocked that Beasley has not signed somewhere else by now.  May be because of the vaccination controversy.  But I am glad that, so far, he is not a weapon for one of the other young guns, like Herbert, Burrow, Watson, and even Tua.

Anyone know if Waddle can play outside at all? Bease would be a nice cushion for Tua if i was a fins fan

6 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Anyone know if Waddle can play outside at all? Bease would be a nice cushion for Tua if i was a fins fan

Not sure, but I agree, and Beasley would fit in very well, really improve their short game, and open up things down field. 

Hopefully this does not happen! I know Tua does not have a great arm, but I think he looked a lot better as the last season progressed.

21 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

I"m surprised myself.

I could be wrong but I doubt it's because of controversy.  He deleted his twitter and stopped his fan callouts and stuff.

My best guess would be it's a combination of price point and perceived value, with maybe some pickiness mixed in. 

I double Beasley wants to take a 1 yr contract at or near vet minimum.  Teams around the league may perceive his value as lower due to declining stats in several categories.  Then there may be some teams that have offered, and Beasley doesn't want to play for that QB or OC.

Miami paid the big bucks to sign Tyreek Hill, regarded as the best slot in the league by some and Man, can he rack up the YAC

Chargers have Keenan Allen, regarded as the best slot in the league by more.

Bengals have Tyler Boyd, who they're paying $10M this season at age 27.  Not sure why they'd need an aging Beas

Stefanski has traditionally operated a run-first offense, unclear how it will change with Watson

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.