Edit! McKenzie is back on a 2 year deal worth 4.4 million

BillsMafi$

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Take the L with some dignity, Hap.  :beer:

Admit it........you thought $4M/yr was a good deal.........that's why you were mad.

I clearly stated that "if" the numbers were correct............we didn't notice you shouting down people who were saying it was a great deal at only $4M per year now, did we?  :lol:

Want me to take an "L"?  Stand and Deliver.  Show where I said anything that can be reasonably construed that way.  Spoiler: you can't.  Not being found "Shouting other people down" when the details of a contract aren't known yet does not in any way show what I think.  It shows I have patience and sense and am gonna wait until the details are known to opine.

Let's review what you said to me:

"If you don't think handing a 2 year $8M deal to an undersized 6th year receiver who can't handle kick return duties and is coming off 15 active games with only 178 yards receiving on the season is an over pay...............then you aren't very good at math........so maybe having a clock you have to set manually isn't right for you. "

Nothing in there about IF the deal as reported is true, or IF the deal as reported is really structured with a $4M cap hit this season or even $4M guaranteed overall - just about what you think I think (Spoiler: you don't know that either, and your reading comprehension seems to need an exercise plan)

And to someone else who pointed out that the McK cap hit wasn't gonna be $4M this season, let's wait for the details:

"Oh I'd guess that the McKenzie cap hit is only $2M or so in 2022 but that there will be dead money if cut after the season...........and they are already going to be borrowing money against the 2023 cap........and I expect that they will likely want to move on from Dirty after this season.    At least I'd hope they'd find a couple WR in this draft that they think are keepers."

Again, nothing in there about IF the deal as initially reported is correct....and actual contract has minimal dead cap of $300k next year. 

50 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think this just shows that he was 💯 correct in saying 2 years 8M was absolutely an overpay

Well, being that it never happened…. It was a knee jerk reaction, knowingly spoken with out knowing what was real and what wasn’t. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Take the L with some dignity, Hap.  :beer:

Admit it........you thought $4M/yr was a good deal.........that's why you were mad.

I clearly stated that "if" the numbers were correct............we didn't notice you shouting down people who were saying it was a great deal at only $4M per year now, did we?  :lol:

All I saw when looking back was a bunch of people responding to your negative reaction with "it'd be smarter to wait until the actual numbers are out."(funny how that turned out)

You then proceeded to have an argument with...yourself/hypothetical alternate version of the people that responded to you about 4 million per year being a bad deal.

...so congratulations you won your hypothetical argument with yourself.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Stand and Deliver.  Show where I said anything that can be reasonably construed that way.

Spoiler: you can't.

Note how you criticize me for commenting on the reported numbers..........after about 4 pages of people already commenting on reported numbers.  Ahem.

Then you say I am ranting and emotional because I said "if" the numbers were correct.........that I thought $4M was about $1.25M more than Beane would give him.  :rolleyes:

There was nothing emotional or unmeasured about my take.

Again.......where is all the criticism of everyone else commenting on the deal?

And I wasn't the only one who said it would have been an overpay.........why weren't you snarking at @MrEpsYtown or @Buffalo716?

There was no reason for you to jump into the thread to cheap shot at me..........but you did..........because you are a hater.    Pure emotional over-reaction on your part.

Thought these articles off Buffalo Rumblings were of interest here.

All 22 review of Beasle

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/2/11/22924699/all-22-year-in-review-buffalo-bills-wr-cole-beasley

All 22 review of McKenzie

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/2/11/22924597/all-22-year-in-review-buffalo-bills-wr-isaiah-mckenzie

Both are captioned "all-22-year-in-review" but both are pretty well focused on 1 game.  For example, the McKenzie review focuses on the plethora of crossing routes he ran in the 2nd NWE game as representing what routes the Bills think McKenzie can run, where really I think as Cover1 points out, McKenzie told Daboll about Bryant "“He’s playing off and outside, let me run away from him.”  Daboll listened, and the Bills offense took the attitude "we're gonna do it until you prove you can stop it"

McKenzie has a limited number of games where he meets the standard to be charted, but in the very next game you can see him running a broader route vocabulary.  So that kind of conclusion is a bit shallow and disappointing IMHO.

My Key Takeaways:

1) Beasley affects the game, even when he doesn't get the ball, in a way that McKenzie has yet to show he can do

2) OTOH, McKenzie affects the game with his speed, even when he doesn't get the ball, in a way Beasley can't.  McKenzie isn't a Beasley replacement but he brings different skills to the table

3) Both players on "get him the ball quickly" plays, suffered last year from blocking problems downfield, which may be play design issues where defenders were on the watch and not worried about being burnt elsewhere (for various reasons, including OL breakdowns, lack of credible run threat, and homogenous WR skillsets)

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And to someone else who pointed out that the McK cap hit wasn't gonna be $4M this season, let's wait for the details:

"Oh I'd guess that the McKenzie cap hit is only $2M or so in 2022 but that there will be dead money if cut after the season...........and they are already going to be borrowing money against the 2023 cap........and I expect that they will likely want to move on from Dirty after this season.    At least I'd hope they'd find a couple WR in this draft that they think are keepers."

Again, nothing in there about IF the deal as initially reported is correct....and actual contract has minimal dead cap of $300k next year. 

And btw........yes, there will be dead money and the cap hit is around $2M.

So how was this wrong again?  :lol:

Just take the L.

• Eyeroll 1

54 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's not what he says, it's how and when he says it.  Like, 1) before the details are out 2) ranting and Emo, other people can't do math or use clocks blah blah 🤷‍♂️.  For a dude who wants to be taken as an authority, makes him look foolish.  JMO.

Even if the deal had turned out to be $8M overall, how it was structured and what was guaranteed would make all the difference - as has been detailed elsewhere, a lot of those "big number deals" aren't All That when you look at what's guaranteed and what's due when.

Lol.  For sure.  We all know Badol will be Badol.   I’m glad that I agree with most of what he’s said over the past year.  Saved me a lot of time going back and forth.  

My 👀 went 😳 when I saw 2 years 8M.  I was happy to have him back, but on the surface, those numbers were an overpay imo. 

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And btw........yes, there will be dead money and the cap hit is around $2M.

So how was this wrong again?  :lol:

Just take the L.

You can take the "W" since it appears to be of such great importance to you, I won't continue this

I note that you failed to demonstrate anything amounting to 'I believe that $4M/yr was a good deal' - because you can't

The point of the above quoted was a second case where you were not caveating  "IF the deal is as reported" as you claim, when responding to someone else who just quietly said "let's wait for the details"

I will leave just who snarked at whom, and who is indulging in "pure emotional over reaction" as an exercise for any intelligent reader who cares - a number that is likely smaller than you appear to believe at this point.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You can take the "W" since it appears to be of such great importance to you, I won't continue this

I note that you failed to demonstrate anything amounting to 'I believe that $4M/yr was a good deal' - because you can't

The point of the above quoted was a second case where you were not caveating  "IF the deal is as reported" as you claim, when responding to someone else who just quietly said "let's wait for the details"

I will leave just who snarked at whom, and who is indulging in "pure emotional over reaction" as an exercise for any intelligent reader who cares - a number that is likely smaller than you appear to believe at this point.

Yeah I just assumed that you irrationally taking great offense to me saying that it was an over pay IF the numbers were correct that you were OK with $4M...........because we'd already established that it was an IF scenario.............otherwise, why single me out for criticism with so many others commenting on the quality of a deal with those parameters?

The answer is because you just wanted to take a cheap shot at me.

Perhaps clarify your actual criticism next time if you don't want to be called out for it.

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol.  For sure.  We all know Badol will be Badol.   I’m glad that I agree with most of what he’s said over the past year.  Saved me a lot of time going back and forth.  

My 👀 went 😳 when I saw 2 years 8M.  I was happy to have him back, but on the surface, those numbers were an overpay imo. 

Yeah I don't take it personal when people who have grudges against me jump in to take a cheap shot.    That's just funny.  

A lot of people hate Happless too.........they are just afraid to tell her so because she's a mod........which adds perceived weight to  jumping into a thread and taking a vague cheap shot at me for an innocuous and measured take.

I'm not afraid..........I call it like it is.

WAY too much exercise by people in this thread for a point I was absolutely correct about. :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I don't take it personal when people who have grudges against me jump in to take a cheap shot.    That's just funny.  

A lot of people hate Happless too.........they are just afraid to tell her so because she's a mod........which adds perceived weight to  jumping into a thread and taking a vague cheap shot at me for an innocuous and measured take.

I'm not afraid..........I call it like it is.

WAY too much exercise by people in this thread for a point I was absolutely correct about. :thumbsup:

You may not take it personal but you surely do get personal and seem to hold grudges. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You may not take it personal but you surely do get personal and seem to hold grudges. 

Just wanted to say, wouldn't that be taking it personal? if is getting personal and holding grudges, then it kinda would seem like taking it personal Lol....

Not important obviously, just couldn't resist tossing my 2 cents in the wishing well lol

2 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Just wanted to say, wouldn't that be taking it personal? if is getting personal and holding grudges, then it kinda would seem like taking it personal Lol....

Not important obviously, just couldn't resist tossing my 2 cents in the wishing well lol

They do sometimes go hand in hand.  He says he doesn’t take it personally so I’m not going debate it. 😊 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Due to inflation, it's now 25 cents.🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.