Edit! McKenzie is back on a 2 year deal worth 4.4 million

BillsMafi$

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just a little note that McKenzie got 24% of the snaps on offense.  Beasley got 62%.

Or: Небольшое замечание: Маккензи получил 24% снэпов в нападении. Бизли получил 62%.

Explain this to his irrational ranting another way.  Leaving facts our does not strengthen argument.

50 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Pretty good.

Okay, this seems much more reasonable. 

40 minutes ago, Magox said:

The initial report was WAAAAY off.  

And that’s why people need to chill out until the details come out on any deal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

@BADOLBILZ you still sure this is an overpay? Never trust the initial numbers while Beane is in charge.

Oh I am aware of that......you took what I said way out of context because you read upthread where people like Happless were defending paying McKenzie $4M/yr........here is what I said:

"I had him returning to Buffalo at $2.75M....(basically a $2M hit on the Bills cap).....if he really got $4M that's another $1M type over-pay."

Note the "if he really got $4M part....."

This contract is much more in line with what he is worth based on achievement.

Despite all of the talk about him leaving there wasn't a better fit for him anywhere.   

This move makes no sense.  I love McKenzie and so happy he's back, but he was absolutely buried last year to a level that I would call negligent. The coaching staff obviously didn't like him.... does this mean it was Dabol burying him and McD didn't pull rank? But McD threw shade at him after not activating him in the middle of the year... I don't get it. 

I'm glad he's back but let's actually get the kid on the field please. The one game he was out of necessity he blew up vs the greatest defensive coach of all time. 

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think this just shows that he was 💯 correct in saying 2 years 8M was absolutely an overpay

They know I was right.........they're just tryna' troll me.......imagine people still trying that like it's gonna' work. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

$4.4M total is a steal… 

It's really not.

He had 178 yards receiving last year.

Before he lost his ST duties..........his punt return average was very low and his kick return average was middling.........all while retaining his untrustworthy handle on the ball.

If the Bills signed somebody from another team with that kind of track record for $8M over 2 years the board would be.........perplexed. 😉   

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's really not.

Before he lost his ST duties..........his punt return average was very low and his kick return average was middling.........all while retaining his untrustworthy handle on the ball.

If the Bills signed somebody from another team with that kind of track record for $8M over 2 years the board would be.........perplexed. 😉   

125 of those yards came against the pats. Yea he was electric but I wanna see him do that 3-4 more times in a year. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

So, you're pleased that McKenzie is back at that contract?

Yeah they need receiving depth and he has some upside in the slot yet...........but being a gadget guy who is a net negative on special teams is like paying half a player for one position.........so his pay wasn't in line with his value if he got $4M, IMO.  

If he was a good kick returner he would have gotten that $4M.    He kinda' blamed McD for benching him but his numbers weren't good even without the fumbles.   As much as they pay for ST'ers they should be getting good numbers on kick and punt returns.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

It's really not.

I wouldn't say it's neither a steal or an overpay imo....

Although I believe his yards/stats etc definitely would have been much better if not due to the less opportunities, with that said however, I think this deal is fair for both sides

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think this just shows that he was 💯 correct in saying 2 years 8M was absolutely an overpay

It's not what he says, it's how and when he says it.  Like, 1) before the details are out 2) ranting and Emo, other people can't do math or use clocks blah blah 🤷‍♂️.  For a dude who wants to be taken as an authority, makes him look foolish.  JMO.

Even if the deal had turned out to be $8M overall, how it was structured and what was guaranteed would make all the difference - as has been detailed elsewhere, a lot of those "big number deals" aren't All That when you look at what's guaranteed and what's due when.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's not what he says, it's how and when he says it.  Like, 1) before the deal is out 2) ranting and Emo, other people can't do math or use clocks blah blah 🤷‍♂️

For a dude who wants to be taken as an authority, makes him look silly.  JMO.

Take the L with some dignity, Hap.  :beer:

Admit it........you thought $4M/yr was a good deal.........that's why you were mad.

I clearly stated that "if" the numbers were correct............we didn't notice you shouting down people who were saying it was a great deal at only $4M per year now, did we?  :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.