Edit! McKenzie is back on a 2 year deal worth 4.4 million

BillsMafi$

41 minutes ago, JaBu said:

Thanks, that is very surprising!

You have to remember... The draft used to be 10 plus rounds

The talent didn't just disappear... There's a bigger pool of good undrafted football players.. 1990 draft was like 350 draftees

Edited by Buffalo716

48 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Interesting, since he only had 30 receptions all season (26 regular season, 4 playoff)...

Look it up

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McKeIs00/gamelog/

McKenzie started the 2021 season arguably #5 on the depth chart.  It limited his playing time a lot, especially as we cut down on 4 and 5 WR sets.

The point is, when he's gotten a chance to flash, he's flashed, it's not just one game.

I don't think the Bills offered him 2 years, $8M if they thought he'd be #5 in 2022.  Someone must think he's earned a shot.

47 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Never let facts get in the way of a good argument!

Weird comment, since the post that chap was responding to contained facts

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

😂😂 No he didn't. That was his stat total for both games in the playoffs, not just the Chiefs game. And the 1 catch for 19 yards in the NE game was in garbage time with Bills up by over 30 in the 4th. His average yards per game in the playoffs was pretty much on par with his 31 yard average in his last 9 regular season games and 1st downs per game.

Over his final 11 games as a Bill there’s nothing to suggest his game is anywhere near where it was in 2020. 

How about MacKenzie what were his stats for the year ? 

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I don’t love that. I think it is clear the team needs more speed. Just re-signing McKenzie doesn’t help. and replacing Sanders with Davis actually makes us slower. So yeah I kind of hate it. 

So I guess it depends on what they do in the draft. I prefer a DJ Chark type, bigger guy with speed to burn. 

I sort of agree. If we were to add an Evan Engram, I think I'd mostly be okay with it. But I'd want a solid veteran added or a 1st Round WR or a high 2nd Rounder from a trade up.

I don't like the idea of promoting both Davis and McKenzie and not doing much else. Wouldn't be an upgrade from where we were last season and could potentially be a downgrade if either underperforms in a bigger role.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I don’t love that. I think it is clear the team needs more speed. Just re-signing McKenzie doesn’t help. and replacing Sanders with Davis actually makes us slower. So yeah I kind of hate it. 

So I guess it depends on what they do in the draft. I prefer a DJ Chark type, bigger guy with speed to burn. 

That is so incorrect. Davis is actually very fast on the field.

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

I sort of agree. If we were to add an Evan Engram, I think I'd mostly be okay with it. But I'd want a solid veteran added or a 1st Round WR or a high 2nd Rounder from a trade up.

I don't like the idea of promoting both Davis and McKenzie and not doing much else. Wouldn't be an upgrade from where we were last season and could potentially be a downgrade if either underperforms in a bigger role.

If we go WR in the 2nd Round, I don’t think we’d need to trade up.   3rd Round would potentially require us moving up to get who we want.  

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That is so incorrect. Davis is actually very fast on the field.

Sure. That’s fine.

I don’t have a problem with his speed. But he isn’t as fast as Sanders. If everything stays as is and Sanders is gone, team speed has gone down. I like Davis and I get that he had a huge breakout game. I want to see more before I anoint him. 

37 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think the Bills offered him 2 years, $8M if they thought he'd be #5 in 2022.  Someone must think he's earned a shot.

Not to mention 2 years for $8M is nothing these days. $4M per year? I really thought McKenzie could get double that on the open market. He knows Buffalo is the best place for him though with Allen throwing the rock and the way we use him on motions as well. Plus him and his agent probably assume Sanders and Beasley are both gone and he could really move up in the snap and target count over the next two seasons.

I don’t mind McK on this roster. But to say he is our #3 so we are all set is scary. He is a fringe player. In the right match up he could have an impact but he could just as easily be inactive. You still upgrade at WR if you have the opportunity. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.