Edit! McKenzie is back on a 2 year deal worth 4.4 million

BillsMafi$

If Buffalo lands a big defensive player this move allows Buffalo to move on from Beasley to help pay for it.  I felt last season the offense was best with Diggs, Davis and Mckenzie in field.   I would be fine with that as our top 3.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

And in the MIA game he also returned a punt from our current punter for a TD

Exactly,  if he can clean up the return ball protection,  we have a 2 for 1 player at 4M. Freeing up more cap for other players. This pretty much assures Beasley & Sanders are gone.

13 pages for MacKenzie wow 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly,  if he can clean up the return ball protection,  we have a 2 for 1 player at 4M. Freeing up more cap for other players. This pretty much assures Beasley & Sanders are gone.

Hope and IF is not a plan 

3 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

I wonder if Daboll didn't like using him on offense and that was the riff with Beane

That's an interesting take and you may very well be correct.    At times I wondered why they didn't use his speed to stretch the defense and open things up for Diggs and Knox.  Even if he was merely a decoy, the safeties would have to cover the deep patterns.  This certainly provides the Bills some flexibility going into the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Beas can excel vs the zone. Mck has not shown that yet. That is likely why he gets less snaps. What d are most teams in vs us? Let’s see what happens but I don’t think mck has been getting screwed it is more likely his size and abilities limit what him zone coverage. 

Well it must be his ability because he's literally the exact size of Beasley. 

5-8

This is a big relief to me. McKenzie is so dialed in to this offense, has a relationship with the team, and with Allen. He once joked (??) about being the "face of the franchise," but I'm not sure how off the mark that is. I know Daboll appreciated him enormously-- I was never sure about McDermott. But, I have to believe that Josh, especially towards the end of the season, saw him for what he is-- a fast, talented, versatile WR, with insane athleticism, that fills in gaps like no one else. 

Micah Hyde once joked, during a press conference in which McK heckled him, that he "hated him." But, we all know that was a joke. Buffalo LOVES Isaiah McKenzie.

1 hour ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Well, if you say so.   

Beasley's best skill--which seems to be really under-appreciated around here--was finding the holes in zone coverage and keeping the sticks moving.  McKensie's a more dynamic player, but not as accomplished at that kind of outlet / hot-read / drive-extender play, IMO.   

It will be up to Dorsey to tweak the playbook a bit to accentuate 'Lil Dirty's strengths and not try to make him Beasley 2.0.

His "best" skill was only good for 1 year with us(2020) when he had 53 first downs. The other 2 seasons he's averaged 35.5 on an average of 109 targets. That's not good at all.

His rankings this year.. Targets- 28th, Yards - 52nd, First Downs - 47th, TDs - 178th and YPC - 125th. We can find that production, on that many targets, anywhere.

On top of that most of his damage was done before November(The first 7 games). In the 9 games he played after that his yards were 33, 15, 23, 46, 11, 64, 35, 22 & 31, for an average of 31 yards a game and zero TDs. For comparison Zac Ertz had the same number of targets and beat him in every statistical category.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.