Edit! McKenzie is back on a 2 year deal worth 4.4 million

BillsMafi$

1 minute ago, recovery96 said:

That was one game out of 17

He had 26 targets all season.  Can't do much when everyone else is getting playing time over you.

And to extrapolate that.

Beas had 116 targets for 8.5 per reception.

Mck had 26 targets for 8.9 per reception (this doesn't include what he did in the running game with the soft backward tosses).

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

He had 26 targets all season.  Can't do much when everyone else is getting playing time over you.

And to extrapolate that.

Mck had 26 targets for 8.9 per reception (this doesn't include what he did in the running game with the soft backward tosses).

I think he is mediocre at best. There is a chance he doesn’t make the roster.

4 minutes ago, recovery96 said:

I think he is mediocre at best. There is a chance he doesn’t make the roster.

At this point, he is #3 on the depth chart for WR.  Who is going to take over for him on the team or who is your big FA target that is going to compete with Diggs and Davis to move one of them into the slot?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't bother

I will.  It's fun to be dumb sometimes.

Edited by The Wiz

59 minutes ago, Process said:

That is not top of the line weaponry. Once you get to the playoffs that group of skill players is very average. 

I love the signing but people need to stop overrating our skill position players. 

Still need another playmaker on offense badly, this should not stop us from taking a WR in the first two rounds. 

I believe Diggs is a true #1 receiver. I think Davis is a very good #2 (great #3) and McKenzie is perfect for the slot/gadget role. Knox is a #1 TE and Motor is OK.

I am one of the Biggest McKenzie fans on the board, but I am far from delusional or even overrating our Skill position players. As to his role or Davis', they have their place and we have a good mix of different skill sets. We need a Bigger receiver added to the mix to round out the WR group.

I agree with getting another WR via the draft and I think it will be in rnd 2, but I believe it will be a bigger bodied OUTSIDE receiver. I also believe that the RB group will also be improved via the draft.

People that want us to sign Kirk, CMC, Gronk and the like are the ones that should probably stop Underating our players.

We have a VERY good team that only needs a couple of small pieces to get to where we want to be. We don't need major changes.

And Yes. The McKenzie signing is AWESOME!!!😁

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I believe Diggs is a true #1 receiver. I think Davis is a very good #2 (great #3) and McKenzie is perfect for the slot/gadget role. Knox is a #1 TE and Motor is OK.

I am one of the Biggest McKenzie fans on the board, but I am far from delusional or even overrating our Skill position players. As to his role or Davis', they have their place and we have a good mix of different skill sets. We need a Bigger receiver added to the mix to round out the WR group.

I agree with getting another WR via the draft and I think it will be in rnd 2, but I believe it will be a bigger bodied OUTSIDE receiver. I also believe that the RB group will also be improved via the draft.

People that want us to sign Kirk, CMC, Gronk and the like are the ones that should probably stop Underating our players.

We have a VERY good team that only needs a couple of small pieces to get to where we want to be. We don't need major changes.

And Yes. The McKenzie signing is AWESOME!!!😁

We definitely need more and better at WR, but at the same time I am very happy Isaiah is back. He has been grossly underutilized

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

And to extrapolate that.

Isaiah McKenzie has only been given 2 games during his 3 year time in Buffalo where he was targeted 6+ times as a featured WR.  In those 2 games (Mia 20, NE 21) he had 17 catches for 190 yards and 3 tds. Isaiah is younger, faster and cheaper than Beasley.  Time to move forward with Lil Dirty.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Isaiah McKenzie has only been given 2 games during his 3 year time in Buffalo where he was targeted 6+ times as a featured WR.  In those 2 games (Mia 20, NE 21) he had 17 catches for 190 yards and 3 tds. Isaiah is younger, faster and cheaper than Beasley.  Time to move forward with Lil Dirty.

And in the MIA game he also returned a punt from our current punter for a TD

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Beas can excel vs the zone. Mck has not shown that yet. That is likely why he gets less snaps. What d are most teams in vs us? Let’s see what happens but I don’t think mck has been getting screwed it is more likely his size and abilities limit what him zone coverage. 

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I do agree with people who say he's unproven as a full time slot and has much to learn, but just looking at this makes me happy.

I have a soft spot for and am pulling for the 'lil guy

I think this is his time to carve his nitch. I always thought his time on offense should have been x2. This should be his time. BPA could still be WR at 25 though...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.