Edit! McKenzie is back on a 2 year deal worth 4.4 million

BillsMafi$

2 minutes ago, Process said:

You think having the best QB in the league has anything to do with that? Lol.

To be fair, Diggs is insanely elite, so if you put him in that average category, then you are 100% wrong. Knox has above average to elite potential. Davis has a chance to be pretty good, but we will see. 

Beyond that, we are very average at best. the fact that people are so gaga over the McKenzie signing baffles me. He was inactive a lot, was in the doghouse, and struggled with ball security. Singletary is painfully slow and has had a lot of times where he was completely ineffective. 

48 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Maybe, maybe not. If they can use him how they did in the 2nd Patriots game, he'll absolutely be worth it 

Only the GOAT HC would not adjust defense overriding DC when he repeatedly burned defense when opposing offense had several many targets unavailable.  If is playing chess while other teams are playing go.

46 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I'd imagine there's a good chance that Dorsey had a hand in this. Pretty much everyone thought he was good as gone, and wasn't utilized that often with Daboll. Dorsey must want to recreate the patriots game with him. Hopefully dorsey has a plan on how to use him and make him worth the contract 

The 2nd New England game was partial due to poor coaching on their part.

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

To be fair, Diggs is insanely elite, so if you put him in that average category, then you are 100% wrong. Knox has above average to elite potential. Davis has a chance to be pretty good, but we will see. 

Beyond that, we are very average at best. the fact that people are so gaga over the McKenzie signing baffles me. He was inactive a lot, was in the doghouse, and struggled with ball security. Singletary is painfully slow and has had a lot of times where he was completely ineffective. 

After the game he had in NE when Beasley was out, I knew he could be the #1 slot receiver.  No more just a gadget guy and spot starter.  Not sure he does returns though if he is a full time slot receiver.  Maybe Stevenson will make it...jury still out on him imho.

5 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Maybe, but I think the Bills want Beasley for at least one more year, as he has been a vital part of the Bills resurgence.

He was a big part of it.  Emphasis on was.  McK took over that role later in the year as the underneath guy.  Beas was still producing but I like the idea of McK in the slot better with his speed.

2 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

After the game he had in NE when Beasley was out, I knew he could be the #1 slot receiver.  No more just a gadget guy and spot starter.  Not sure he does returns though if he is a full time slot receiver.  Maybe Stevenson will make it...jury still out on him imho.

You are picking one game in the entire time he’s been here. I’m sorry…the other games count too.  Can’t just look at one game where he looked really good and ignore the ones where he was average at best or completely inactive. 

36 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

McKenzie>>Beasley

Incorrect.  It is a venn diagram where their two skills overlap but are not the same.  It is debatable whose circle is bigger.

In McKenzie's circle are things such as jokester and speed cutter and press malcontent.

In Beasley's circle are things such as unique athlete and space finder and locker room malcontent.

Beane likely choose what he felt was best going forward with frank and careful discussions with each.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Incorrect.  It is a venn diagram where their two skills overlap but are not the same.  It is debatable whose circle is bigger.

In McKenzie's circle are things such as jokester and speed cutter and press malcontent.

In Beasley's circle are things such as unique athlete and space finder and locker room malcontent.

Beane likely choose what he felt was best going forward with frank and careful discussions with each.

Yeh, Beas is a bit of a wild hare........vaccination status and all.  McK listened ultimately.  

9 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Maybe, but I think the Bills want Beasley for at least one more year, as he has been a vital part of the Bills resurgence.

I think McKenzie wanted a fair shot at becoming a full-time slot WR. 

I think the fact that he signed indicates he feels he's in line for that opportunity

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

18 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

You are picking one game in the entire time he’s been here. I’m sorry…the other games count too.  Can’t just look at one game where he looked really good and ignore the ones where he was average at best or completely inactive. 

McKenzie was inactive for two (2) games.   What's this business of acting as though he were a healthy scratch half the games?

McKenzie had 6.8 yds/tgt last year.  While that's not fantabulous, it's also more than the 6.2 yds/tgt that Beasley had. 

Beasley averaged 43.3 ypg last year.   McKenzie has something like 8 games where he exceeded that, and also 8 games with 4 or more receptions.  So while he only has one stunning, 11 reception, 125 yd game, true, it's not as though it's the only game where he's shown up and contributed significantly.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, cwater10 said:

McKenzie made Steve Belichick look sillier than even Mother Nature did.  That alone is worth the payday.

Love 'Lil Dirty.  But the Pats severe lack of depth at DB in that game (as well as the playoff game) had a LOT to do with that performance.     

McKenzie still has a lot to learn about the position, IMO.    McBeane must feel that he's still growing as a WR, so I'll trust their judgement.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I like McKenzie as WR4 and am hoping that’s what he’s signed as.  WR4 in a pass heavy offense isn’t the same as, say, WR4 in Baltimore and Cleveland.  

If he’s our Day 1 slot, he needs to be better against zone coverage.   I do trust that the FO thinks he can be. 

Edited by SCBills

6 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Love 'Lil Dirty.  But the Pats severe lack of depth at DB in that game (as well as the playoff game) had a LOT to do with that performance.     

McKenzie still has a lot to learn about the position, IMO.    McBeane must feel that he's still growing as a WR, so I'll trust their judgement.

The point is, the Patriots stunningly failed to adjust to what McKenzie was doing (running away from them in man)

No argument that McKenzie has a lot to learn.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.