Edit! McKenzie is back on a 2 year deal worth 4.4 million

BillsMafi$

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Couple of things I took away:

1) Bills PR coached McKenzie on that harder than Crash Davis coached Nuc Laloosh on his platitutes.  When asked about his role next season etc. McKenzie consistently said the PC thing about wanting to do his job, taking it one practice at a time, one  game at a time, whatever he can do to help the team win, asked about how Dorsey plans to use him "no we haven't talked about that, I'm sure we'll get to it soon"    Very humorously, after the questions and video ended but before the sound cut off, he said "phew" (the PR person laughed) and "I'm sweating"

2) He's talked to Diggs, Davis, Isaiah Hodges, Chad Hall.

3) He said "I don't know about Beas" or "I don't know what's going on with Beas" at one point. 

This would have us believe he re-signed with no expectations about his roles or responsibilities.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Sounds like we got a hometown discount 

You're reading way too much into it

Yeah, I think Diggs was just clapping back at McKenzie - last year McKenzie told Diggs he had more TDs than Diggs did so Diggs should give him some of his money he signed for,  this year Diggs claps back give me some of your money you just signed for.

McKenzie made it clear he likes things to be constant in his life, same friends, same trainer, stay with the Bills....I do hope he trains at House of Athlete and Receiver Factory (where Diggs trains) again though, I think it helped.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

2 years, $4.4m... that's a really good deal for Buffalo.

Wow.  Thought it was $8m over two years and I thought that was a fair contract.  $4.4m is a steal.  He may want to hire a new agent for his next deal.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Beane: We have this deal here or we have this other deal over here next to this large bag of unattended Jelly Beans.

I know he'll be a millionaire but there's part of me that wants to send him 30 cents a day.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

No.  It's right.  He can earn up to 1.8 million more in incentives though.  Definitely a steal.

I'd read it as 2 years $4.4m when the news first broke and then everyone went on about $8m, including some of the journos on twitter and I thought maybe the initial resports were open to misinterpretation and while I like Isaiah I though eek that price is high. 

Glad to know it is as first thought.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Wow.  Thought it was $8m over two years and I thought that was a fair contract.  $4.4m is a steal.  He may want to hire a new agent for his next deal.

True hometown discount. Woulda earned more on the open market. Was happy when it was 8 mil because we know the player he is. Completely stoked now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd read it as 2 years $4.4m when the news first broke and then everyone went on about $8m, including some of the journos on twitter and I thought maybe the initial resports were open to misinterpretation and while I like Isaiah I though eek that price is high. 

Glad to know it is as first thought.

I'm still having trouble understanding why the eight million figure was reported.  I know agents like to make deals better than they really are but that's pushing it.  He won't even be paid as much money in one season as Allen will per game.

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm still having trouble understanding why the eight million figure was reported.  I know agents like to make deals better than they really are but that's pushing it.  He won't even be paid as much money in one season as Allen will per game.

I think it was a genuine mistake rather than an agent trying to pump it up. The first report I saw emerge was saying a $4m deal and I think Rapsheet started the confusion by interpreting that as $4m AAV and tweeting that out. 

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it was a genuine mistake rather than an agent trying to pump it up. The first report I saw emerge was saying a $4m deal and I think Rapsheet started the confusion by interpreting that as $4m AAV and tweeting that out. 

I doubt it's a mistake looking at the tweet "worth a total" is different than his next tweet where he uses "worth."  Just slick use of language as his source was pry McKenzie's agent.

34 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I doubt it's a mistake looking at the tweet "worth a total" is different than his next tweet where he uses "worth."  Just slick use of language as his source was pry McKenzie's agent.

But what benefit to an agent briefing out a number that was a blatent lie and will be shown as such? I think Rapsheet made a mistake and misinterpreted what he read. 

A closer look at the new contract details for Bills wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie

According to documents obtained Monday by The Buffalo News, McKenzie's deal is worth $4.4 million + incentives

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/a-closer-look-at-the-new-contract-details-for-bills-wide-receiver-isaiah-mckenzie/article_703b7ed2-a3a3-11ec-a27c-7feaaa18dc8f.html

7 hours ago, ALF said:

A closer look at the new contract details for Bills wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie

According to documents obtained Monday by The Buffalo News, McKenzie's deal is worth $4.4 million + incentives

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/a-closer-look-at-the-new-contract-details-for-bills-wide-receiver-isaiah-mckenzie/article_703b7ed2-a3a3-11ec-a27c-7feaaa18dc8f.html

We need to actually play him and use him for this deal to be worth it. Winning teams can't throw $2 MM at a guy then never play him. He got one big game when the coaching staff had no choice but to play him when Beaz and Gabe both hit the COVID list. 

20 catches,  178 receivingyards last year total -- 11 and 125 came in one game... the rest of the season he had 9 catches for 58 yards and was made healthy inactive twice.  He had 2 catces only one other time and 12 yards was his high outside the one big game. 

He needs to play or this is a total waste. We can't keep handing out 2-3 million per year to guys that don't play or are purely special teams (Neal, Matakevich), winning teams can't do that... we currently have $7.4 MM cap space committed to this 3 guys that didn't play O or D last year,  this is especially critical when our offense scores so much we have fewer punts and kickoffs continue to get further taken out of the game. 

Edited by ArtVandalay

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.