Edit! McKenzie is back on a 2 year deal worth 4.4 million

BillsMafi$

16 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Can we change the title? It’s wrong.

He’s signed for $8M total. $4M/year

Actually it appears that's wrong, too

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/isaiah-mckenzie-21914/

He signed for $4.4M total.  $1.875 this year, $2.525 next year.

I think the important point for McKenzie is that the Bills basically guaranteed half of this year's salary in addition to his signing bonus.  My guess is that a couple teams indicated they would offer him something similar in $$ and the Bills sweetened the guarantees to bring him in.

• Like (+1) 1

I liked the signing at $4M per year, thank god Beane is running the show and got it done at half that! 

With Beasley likely moving on, Lil’Dirty should have a larger role in the offense and helps create matchup problems with his speed. 

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If you don't think handing a 2 year $8M deal to an undersized 6th year receiver who can't handle kick return duties and is coming off 15 active games with only 178 yards receiving on the season is an over pay...............then you aren't very good at math........so maybe having a clock you have to set manually isn't right for you. :lol:

You were saying? 

image.thumb.png.3c3bbe45a640f3ce6107ecde48523bdd.png

As I said:

"most cap-savvy denizens wait to see what the contract actually is first", and "Spoiler: he's not getting $4M per year even if that's the AAV on the contract"

7 minutes ago, noacls said:

Turnover battle just became harder to win. 

As opposed to signing who?  Dre Roberts rocked 3 fumbles last season, and 3 in 2020 with us.  Marquez Stevenson had 2 fumbles (plus a muff) in 21 KR/PR.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Actually it appears that's wrong, too

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/isaiah-mckenzie-21914/

He signed for $4.4M total.  $1.875 this year, $2.525 next year.

I think the important point for McKenzie is that the Bills basically guaranteed half of this year's salary in addition to his signing bonus.  My guess is that a couple teams indicated they would offer him something similar in $$ and the Bills sweetened the guarantees to bring him in.

$4.4M total is a steal… 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

Yes, but McKenzie has never been given the chance in an actual role as a slot and McKenzies speed alone opens up the offense more then Beasley did.

The coaches know whether McKenzie can play the slot.  That he didn't take snaps away from Beasley speaks loud and clear.    Especially in the playoff games.

It will be up to Dorsey to scheme up McKenzie's role this year.  It won't be the same as what Beasley provided, and that's cool -- if Lil Dirty steps up and shows he can be a full-time player rather than a gadget / change-of-pace guy.   

I'm a bit worried about his durability, however.   Another really under-appreciated quality Beasley brought to the table was his toughness--he took a lot of punishment and kept on playing.  McKensie takes some hellacious hits and seems more prone to being a blue tent visitor.

This news should calm the over dramatic participants on this forum, 😁👍

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.