Edit! McKenzie is back on a 2 year deal worth 4.4 million

BillsMafi$

3 minutes ago, Hermes said:

My wife bore my child twice and yet I'm happier today than I was either of the days my children were born. 

Welcome home to the face of the franchise! 

How do the wife and kids feel about this? Asking for a friend, 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I think the Bills wanted Beasley and when Beasley asked for a trade they went to plan B.

Not sure of the contract details but I wouldn’t be surprised that some of it is with incentives and that the cap hit is less than $3m for this year.

With Emmanuel and Beasley most likely gone that still means the Bills have to find another two WR’s.   The draft is deep with receivers, I think they pick up both there.

• Like (+1) 3

Beans continues to work hard to keep the core members of the Bills family together. Just an excellent signing. The papers in Philly sounded like he was about to sign their. Now if they can keep Phillips, and sign either Hughes or Addison to a "Team friendly" contract, the key Bills FA's are in the books.   

I'd bet almost anything that the contract terms as announced are misleading.

When the contract details come out, they will likely reveal a very team and cap friendly contract laden with incentives and an out after one year.

That said, I'm glad lil dirty is back. Hopefully they're not done adding at WR.

• Agree 4

4 minutes ago, NY Nole said:

1000 percent agree. The dislike for cole extends beyond his play and it is sad to see the stupidity. I also think they overpaid for a fourth wr gadget guy. Would’ve rather seen them go after a difference maker than pay for mckenzie - but we’ll see what this week brings i guess.

Not only that, but I guarantee this is Beane’s “fix” for the offense and almost guarantees we won’t be going with a first round offensive playmaker. 

2 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Beans continues to work hard to keep the core members of the Bills family together. Just an excellent signing. The papers in Philly sounded like he was about to sign their. Now if they can keep Phillips, and sign either Hughes or Addison to a "Team friendly" contract, the key Bills FA's are in the books.   

Running it back is what caused the oline issues most of this season. Who cares if it’s core players?  Put the best players out there and make a conscious effort to improve each off-season. 

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Wow. I'm honestly shocked. I figured he'd want to test the market at the very least. Guess the scuttlebutt of him not being happy here and McDermott not being a fan were bs.

Do you think he didn’t know the market? He tested it. Surprised we gave this much but Vets that contribute get paid a lil bit, so it’s not unreasonable 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Not every single team utilizes a player with that type of role... A lot of these players are the 5th 6th guy on rosters or practice squads.. Mckenzie got cut

Go through the draft right now there's absolutely 5-10 guys who have the skill set to be developed into a McKenzie roll ..  possibly more

given the draft failure rate of WRs, I think you're still off base. Using the '100 career' reception marker (a low bar), only ~25% of WRs in the 1st round are successful. So if there's 5-10 guys who *could* be developed to reach that mark (as you yourself say).. and those 5-10 guys are all drafted in the 1st round.. You're going to 1.25 to 2.5 guys reaching that level of success.

Braxton Berrios reportedly returned down 5 million a year and believes he'll get much more. 

Many of you need to reset your minds on NFL player compensation.

Of course, I'm being unfair here as McKenzie still needs 1 more reception to get to 100 for his career. 

• Eyeroll 1

49 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I had him returning to Buffalo at $2.75M....(basically a $2M hit on the Bills cap).....if he really got $4M that's another $1M type over-pay.

The investment is large enough that he's gotta' be considered the starting slot receiver...........but also small enough that you can see them paying a high end veteran TE to pair with Knox and using more 12 personnel.

I think 8mil is a good price for him. Depends how the contract is structured but McKenzie at $8 isn’t going to preclude the Bills from signing anyone else in FA.

Beane likes to make moves so he isn’t forced away from best player available in the draft. I expect his next priority is CB. 

28 minutes ago, NY Nole said:

1000 percent agree. The dislike for cole extends beyond his play and it is sad to see the stupidity. I also think they overpaid for a fourth wr gadget guy. Would’ve rather seen them go after a difference maker than pay for mckenzie - but we’ll see what this week brings i guess.

Amazing that you'd make a claim of stupidity here...

Beasely took 691 snaps in 2021 which is more than he had in 2020  and 3rd most in his career.

Beasely was targeted 112 times in 2021 which is the most of his career.

His yard/reception was the lowest of his career. His YAC was the lowest of his career. He had the fewest TDs (1) of his career (Rookie season when he didn't play excluded). His YPG puts him somewhere in 50th/60th among WRs. 

It seems that you want it to be about something other than football. Not the other way around. 

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He is nowhere close to Hill. McKenzie and his 4.42 speed at his size is really not a big deal. Beasley ran a 4.49. He is shifty, but McKenzie ain’t anywhere close to Hill. I think he has a role, but he isn’t a game breaker. I think this is an overpay. 

Maybe, maybe not. If they can use him how they did in the 2nd Patriots game, he'll absolutely be worth it 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

Good and smart signing. Observing they way Beane at all work, they sign whom they can to not have any massive holes come draft time so they are able to be flexible and truly take BPA. Good practice to not pigeon hole yourself into a bad reach! 
glad he is back! But dam I would love some Jameson Williams! Lol

This doesn’t take that off the table at all.   Unless Beane focused on this signing to allow pick 25 to be used in a trade.

Just now, purple haze said:

This doesn’t take that off the table at all.   Unless Beane focused on this signing to allow pick 25 to be used in a trade.

Honestly it might make it more likely, we didn't go out and sign an expensive guy and WR room still has space for a rookie.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.