Edit! McKenzie is back on a 2 year deal worth 4.4 million

BillsMafi$

Just now, Putin said:

I’d rather we kept Beasley and it’s not even close 

I hope the biggest decisions you are responsible for is deciding whether to ask if someone wants fries with that..

...scratch that. That might too big of one. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This signing, at the price, may suggest a bit of the difference between Dabol and Dorsey’s schemes.  I guess I will have to wait to see if what I am thinking plays out. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

He’s had the opportunity for a while now. And oh by the way, he’s been inactive and has had ball security issues. I’m not sure why everyone is so excited about this. It’s pretty meh to me…

Has he really had an opportunity for awhile as a WR?  As a returner, he has.  He failed and will likely never be a returner for us again imo.  He always answers when called upon on offense imo.    He had the highest catch % of all our WRs last season @ 76%.  Sure, there were some short passes but he made more than a handful of them tough grabs imo.  The kid is ultra quick and tough to cover.  He gets open.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

But he hates McD?  McD lost the team?  Bease is a locker room cancer, but we replaced him with a guy that did a bad tweet?  Fumbles are bad?  I don't even know what to think anymore....!

Really though, awesome signing,  Magic Beanes does it again

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

This signing, at the price, may suggest a bit of the difference between Dabol and Dorsey’s schemes.  I guess I will have to wait to see if what I am thinking plays out. 

Go Bills!!!

I doubt this price has anything more to do with than the WR market. Robby Anderson is making over 14 mill a year for ~50 receptions and 500 yards. There's several other guys in that price range with similar stats. 

It's WR3 money. It has to be suspected that McKenzie will be WR3 whatever the contract. 

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

33 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I had him returning to Buffalo at $2.75M....(basically a $2M hit on the Bills cap).....if he really got $4M that's another $1M type over-pay.

The investment is large enough that he's gotta' be considered the starting slot receiver...........but also small enough that you can see them paying a high end veteran TE to pair with Knox and using more 12 personnel.

Where have you seen the actual structure of the deal?  I missed that

• Like (+1) 1

Solid move... A lot of people overestimate his worth on the market

There are a lot of players like him in the league across 32 teams... And five to seven guys every draft come out with his attributes

he's a good athlete and worked himself into a good football player..  a good package.. but 5 to 10 guys a year come out with his skill set.. it's not a thin skill set in the NFL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

The “Run It Back” tour continues. Expect to see Boogie Basham and AJ Epenesa playing Wordle on the sidelines on Sundays.

Yes because it really worked out great for us last year 

35 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I had him returning to Buffalo at $2.75M....(basically a $2M hit on the Bills cap).....if he really got $4M that's another $1M type over-pay.

The investment is large enough that he's gotta' be considered the starting slot receiver...........but also small enough that you can see them paying a high end veteran TE to pair with Knox and using more 12 personnel.

I was thinking he’d get 2-3 years 3M AAV.  More than I had expected but, but knowing Beane, he’s usually ok slightly overpaying the guys that he knows and likes, even if they aren’t worth it. I think Isaiah could be with it if we utilize him correctly.  

agreed about the 12 personnel.  I hope that’s the case

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Solid move... A lot of people overestimate his worth on the market

There are a lot of players like him in the league across 32 teams... And five to seven guys every draft come out with his attributes

he's a good athlete and worked himself into a good football player..  a good package.. but 5 to 10 guys a year come out with his skill set.. it's not a thin skill set in the NFL

32 teams with only 5-10 guys coming out each year when there's say 2 positions for them to fill with an average career of less than 3 years...

... the math wouldn't be on your side in this equation. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Agree. He might not be Hill, but he has the opportunity to add a dimension to this offense we haven't seen quite yet 

He is nowhere close to Hill. McKenzie and his 4.42 speed at his size is really not a big deal. Beasley ran a 4.49. He is shifty, but McKenzie ain’t anywhere close to Hill. I think he has a role, but he isn’t a game breaker. I think this is an overpay. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Malazan said:

32 teams with only 5-10 guys coming out each year when there's say 2 positions for them to fill with an average career of less than 3 years...

... the math wouldn't be on your side in this equation. 

Not every single team utilizes a player with that type of role... A lot of these players are the 5th 6th guy on rosters or practice squads.. Mckenzie got cut

Go through the draft right now there's absolutely 5-10 guys who have the skill set to be developed into a McKenzie roll ..  possibly more 

But Not every team in the NFL utilizes that role , and most never reach even McKenzie's level

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Malazan said:

I doubt this price has anything more to do with than the WR market. Robby Anderson is making over 14 mill a year for ~50 receptions and 500 yards. There's several other guys in that price range with similar stats. 

It's WR3 money. 

I agree with where it places him in the Bills WR pecking order, I was more so thinking about Dorsey wanting to increase YAC with more speed on the field more often, type of thing. They still need to fill Sanders and Beasley’s spots to fill out the primary rotation at WR, maybe more speed guys at the position??

Go Bills!!!

10 minutes ago, Putin said:

I’d rather we kept Beasley and it’s not even close 

1000 percent agree. The dislike for cole extends beyond his play and it is sad to see the stupidity. I also think they overpaid for a fourth wr gadget guy. Would’ve rather seen them go after a difference maker than pay for mckenzie - but we’ll see what this week brings i guess.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.