Edit! McKenzie is back on a 2 year deal worth 4.4 million

BillsMafi$

8 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

My guess is contract is structured something like this:

2022 1m salary, 3m signing bonus

2023 4m salary

so cap hit in 2022 is 2.5m

i wouldn’t think ir would be $4m each year 

It also means in year two he’s likely to get an extension if the Bills want to free up a little bit of cash. Also in McKenzies favor. 

Just now, Steptide said:

Agree. He might not be Hill, but he has the opportunity to add a dimension to this offense we haven't seen quite yet 

He’s had the opportunity for a while now. And oh by the way, he’s been inactive and has had ball security issues. I’m not sure why everyone is so excited about this. It’s pretty meh to me…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I think youre kidding but not sure... is there a story here?

McKenzie is always riding Hyde, saying how he burns him for TD's in practice, and McKenzie does this during Hyde's pressers. So Hyde smiles and says "I hate that guy". All in jest.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

He’s had the opportunity for a while now. And oh by the way, he’s been inactive and has had ball security issues. I’m not sure why everyone is so excited about this. It’s pretty meh to me…

..because we believe in using the Costanza method on you. It hasn't steered us wrong yet. 

• Dislike 2

His role as an end around runner is elite. If he can learn to protect the ball better he’s also an above average returner. As a slot WR vs man to man he’s way above average. Vs zone is where he needs to improve. His % of play on offense should go way up from the 20 or 30% he got last year.

sign Harry, gronk and a ++ DE (after some more cuts, restructures and extensions) and we’ll be good to go to the draft 

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Agree. He might not be Hill, but he has the opportunity to add a dimension to this offense we haven't seen quite yet 

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻. I don’t understand how Daboll hasn’t figured this out yet. And him and Allen have a long chemistry together 

• Like (+1) 1

♥️ 💙 this makes me happy. Eager to see how he handles being the starting slot guy.  Now we need to add another solid TE so we can mix in more 2TE sets with 3-4 WR looks.  Or try and turn O’doyle Rulez into our full time TE.  

I hope there’s an emphasis on versatile with our scheme and showing more and more different looks.  Evolve the offense ladies and gents.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

My first reaction is one of relief. I like Isiah and think we could use him better. Yes, there's always a better player and a better deal but he's our guy @ a reasonable rate. Chemistry, continuity and rewarding your own etc etc etc. It's a good signing, he still has plenty of upside and I hope he get's some creative touches. I like it!

Go Bills!

42 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Ok. That's it for me. I'm set with FA... I am able to keep my CEO title of the Lil' Dirty fan club.....😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

4ba_ap18329669903743.jpeg.thumb.jpg.1fa0ab8a982277dee75483d676a46fcb.jpg

Excluding JA, predict which player will have the biggest impact…

🤣😜🤣

• Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I had him returning to Buffalo at $2.75M....(basically a $2M hit on the Bills cap).....if he really got $4M that's another $1M type over-pay.

The investment is large enough that he's gotta' be considered the starting slot receiver...........but also small enough that you can see them paying a high end veteran TE to pair with Knox and using more 12 personnel.

This is an overpay IF McKenzie doesn’t improve on his numbers from last year. I am guessing the front office and coaches met to discuss what his role will be. McKenzie will get his shot since Beasley won’t be on the roster most likely. My concern with McKenzie has always been durability due to extra touches. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.