We all know what the Bills still lack of

Italian Bills

While at the moment we didn’t move in FA market and reading everyday that other teams add players here and there stink, it’s normal. The Bills are in a very good position to be a contender and a major favorite in the AFC, the best in the AFCE, but we know that we still miss few pieces. 

- elite pass rusher 

- a true number 1 corner

- a better OL to protect better JA

- maybe a top 5 back ? 

This are, in my opinion, our weak points. We know FA and real football are not easy and fantasy, but this is the moment where Bean, the FO and McD have to do whatever it takes to improve those areas, because without doing it, we’ll remain the same team at the same level: very good, but not the very best, so again a 11-6/12-5 one. 

and a 11-6/12/5 team is in the position to be very good, but not so good. We all know this, Bean and McD know this, so let’s hope this time they will get at least a couple of big names to reach that level. 

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 3

If we lose McKelvin, Beasley and Sanders we really need to replace them as well. We don’t want to go thru the whole season and then a couple WRs and be dead in the water. We had 7 good weapons last year I think we need to keep that number at seven. I don’t think we need a great one but I’d take one. We need Diggs and six good football weapons behind him (like last year.)

Nitpicking now but we need a punter, PR and KR too….Hopefully Beane is slick and replacements for Beasley, Sanders and McKelvin can double as a PR and KR. Possibly Stevenson or Hodgins fill one of those spots but they are long shots, we’ll see…

And we need a guy to challenge Singletary and Moss. At least Moss at a minimum.

but I’m kind of being exacting where your just trying to keep things simple.

LOL, we havta get a backup QB as well….Sorry!

LOL, I just noticed, I swear to God, that you missed DT. We definitely need one of those and a good one. Fletcher Cox is being traded reportedly and he is one of the best players in the whole game. Get him and Chandler Jones and we can’t miss!!! LOL, but that ain’t going to happen. But if FC goes to an AFC contender I’m going to cry…. 😭

Yeah, I have DT as a real high need. We need a good one too.

So, DT, DE, CB (all good ones) an improved OL, weapons to replace lost ones, backup QB, RB, another CB, P, KR, PR…

and this list, it should be known, is what we need to surely be the best team in the NFL bar none.

PS - We probably need changes to our tired D in order to sign a good pass rusher…then we’d probably go DT in the first, corner in the second, WR in the third, OL in the fourth….etc.

Go Bills!

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I take it you don't have a high opinion of Tre White for some reason, if you don't consider him a "true number 1 corner"?

Quite. He is a top 3 corner in football. I mean we don't "have him" right now in the sense that he is still rehabbing from the ACL but luckily we don't play again for another 6 months....

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Italian Bills said:

While at the moment we didn’t move in FA market and reading everyday that other teams add players here and there stink, it’s normal. The Bills are in a very good position to be a contender and a major favorite in the AFC, the best in the AFCE, but we know that we still miss few pieces. 

- elite pass rusher 

- a true number 1 corner

- maybe a top 5 back ? 

This are, in my opinion, our weak points. We know FA and real football are not easy and fantasy, but this is the moment where Bean, the FO and McD have to do whatever it takes to improve those areas, because without doing it, we’ll remain the same team at the same level: very good, but not the very best, so again a 11-6/12-5 one. 

and a 11-6/12/5 team is in the position to be very good, but not so good. We all know this, Bean and McD know this, so let’s hope this time they will get at least a couple of big names to reach that level. 

Tre White was a first team All-Pro and he’s not a true CB1? 

We do need corner help for sure opposite Tre. Let’s not diminish White’s accomplishments though. Does nothing but hurt your argument.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

If we lose McKelvin, Beasley and Sanders we really need to replace them as well. We don’t want to go thru the whole season and then a couple WRs and be dead in the water. We had 7 good weapons last year I think we need to keep that number at seven. I don’t think we need a great one but I’d take one. We need Diggs and six good football weapons behind him (like last year.)

Nitpicking now but we need a punter, PR and KR too….Hopefully Beane is slick and replacements for Beasley, Sanders and McKelvin can double as a PR and KR. Possibly Stevenson or Hodgins fill one of those spots but they are long shots, we’ll see…

And we need a guy to challenge Singletary and Moss. At least Moss at a minimum.

but I’m kind of being exacting where your just trying to keep things simple.

LOL, we havta get a backup QB as well….Sorry!

LOL, I just noticed, I swear to God, that you missed DT. We definitely need one of those and a good one. Fletcher Cox is being traded reportedly and he is one of the best players in the whole game. Get him and Chandler Jones and we can’t miss!!! LOL, but that ain’t going to happen. But if FC goes to an AFC contender I’m going to cry…. 😭

Yeah, I have DT as a real high need. We need a good one too.

So, DT, DE, CB (all good ones) an improved OL, weapons to replace lost ones, backup QB, RB, another CB, P, KR, PR…

and this list, it should be known, is what we need to surely be the best team in the NFL bar none.

PS - We probably need changes to our tired D in order to sign a good pass rusher…then we’d probably go DT in the first, corner in the second, WR in the third, OL in the fourth….etc.

Go Bills!

McKelvin? 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

- elite pass rusher 

- a true number 1 corner

- maybe a top 5 back ? 

WR I would add.  So I agree those are our top 5 needs.  We improve those 5, and stay healthy, Bills are winning super bowl.  No one is stopping us

The OL struggled last year at times but down the stretch the five they had were playing quite well in both pass pro and run blocking down the stretch.  What changes do you want to see from the starting 5?  Interior backups will look different but I am good with Dawkins, Bates, Morse, Williams, Brown as starters. I think they still have to tender Bates.  

Morse and Williams have decent cap numbers you could move on from but you also create a hole by doing so.  Williams stays because he can play tackle in my opinion but I would not find it shocking if they moved on depending on who they want to sign in FA.   Bates also has versatility.  In short, I think they need to add younger guys to develop inside like they did last year at tackle but OL is not a huge need.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I take it you don't have a high opinion of Tre White for some reason, if you don't consider him a "true number 1 corner"?

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

McKelvin? 🤣

Things that make you scan the post length again and decide it’s not going to the best use of your time.. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Quite. He is a top 3 corner in football. I mean we don't "have him" right now in the sense that he is still rehabbing from the ACL but luckily we don't play again for another 6 months....

So true.

Tre may not be “Tre” for another year. It’s definitely a TOP need at the start of the season. 

Never meant that Tre is not a true number one CB, but he suffered a major injury so nobody knows how he will come back. But even with Tre back at 100%, another top 10 CB would really help our already top secondary. 

My post wanted to say that we are very few steps to become a juggernaut to every nfl team, we can’t let this chance and moment go, whatever it takes.  Again:

- top back

- top pass rusher

- top DT like someone rightly suggested 

- better protection by to OL

ps  if we lose both Bees and Isaiah and maybe Sanders too, then we absolutely need a top replacement, a speedy one. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Okay then…,  now what was I doing before I read this, I think it was far more constructive use of time, oh yes, mowing my lawn… 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.