NY Post Write up on Stadium

drumizen

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

No it would have costed around the same.

Adding a dome would of moved the needle considerably.. I fail to see how it wouldn't. The amount of structure added and time for completion would of been greatly increased

You'll have to provide me the proof on this one

Here is the 1st one I found it says $500 million more for a Dome and that was about a year or so ago

https://wyrk.com/why-a-dome-stadium-will-likely-never-happen-for-the-buffalo-bills/#:~:text=The general cost of a,price tag over %241.5 billion.

The general cost of a new, open-air stadium in the NFL right now carries a price-tag of a billion dollars or just over one billion. A dome or retractable roof stadium carries a price tag over $1.5 billion. This was back in July, when news of the Bills potential new stadium came to light.

Read More: Why a Dome Stadium Will Likely Never Happen For The Bills | https://wyrk.com/why-a-dome-stadium-will-likely-never-happen-for-the-buffalo-bills/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Edited by ddaryl

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

Adding a dome would of moved the needle considerably.. I fail to see how. The amount of structure added and time for completion would of been greatly increased

You'll have to provide me the proof on this one

It wouldn't have mattered. No matter what people would complain anyway. At least with a Dome the Bills would have better chance at winning home games.

Edited by TBBills
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

It wouldn't have mattered. No matter what people liem you would c9mplain anyway. At least with a Dome the Bills would have better chance at winning home games.

That's a cop out, It would cost considerably more for a dome. Money that many taxpayers would be upset about....

I do not buy the winning at home argument either, but that's a different debate, and has NOTHING to do about the fact the costs of a Dome are considerably higher

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

That's a cop out, It would cost considerably more for a dome. Money that many taxpayers would be upset about....

I do not buy the winning at home argument either, but that's a different debate, and has NOTHING to do about the fact the costs of a Dome are considerably higher

I don't care what you don't buy, the truth is Josh does better in better environments. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, LittleSammy said:

The NY Post conveniently forgot to mention the billions pumped into the new stadiums for the Yankees, Mets and the arena in Brooklyn. About time some of our NYS tax dollars went towards funding projects upstate vs. continually getting spent downstate. Re: the billionaire NFL owners (Pegula's used as the example) paying their fair share towards a new stadium, that is a valid point, for sure.

And the 219 extension was constantly opposed by downstate politicians.

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Typical NYC vs. the rest of the state BS...

Yep...upstate vs downstate....and the upstaters loose about 99% of the time.

And, a dome downtown makes no sense as the logistics of getting in and out would be incredibley bad.  At least in Orchard Park a fan can depart in multiple directions without running into a Lake or river.

29 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Yep...upstate vs downstate....and the upstaters loose about 99% of the time.

And, a dome downtown makes no sense as the logistics of getting in and out would be incredibley bad.  At least in Orchard Park a fan can depart in multiple directions without running into a Lake or river.

I do wonder about the “logistics of parking and getting in/out”

who cares.

it is not a daily thing.  It’s traffic jams and slow commutes for the people who go 8-9 days out of 365.

If you go to a game you sign up for a lot of non-game related stuff.

Idiot drunks, idiot fans standing, and slow traffic should just be one of them.

• Agree 2

It's about time Buffalo got a piece of the New York stadium monies. I have no qualms with tax payer monies going to stadiums. $1B amortized over 30 years divided by 12,500,000 New York State tax payers comes out to about $2.65 per taxpayer per year. Not subtracting the stadium and player salary taxes collected.  A bargain for Buffalonians. People spend that much on Snicker Bars in a week.   

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, drumizen said:

Maybe an unpopular take but this a poorly worded write up on the situation. From the very title to the end paints the Pegulas as bad guys. When they wont own the stadium, would have to pay to lease the stadium and never threatened to move the team. They merely mentioned other areas would do a lot to have a local NFL team....and he wasn't wrong. Not a threat just a point to add perspective and get the ball rolling.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/11/buffalo-bills-billionaire-owner-set-to-get-1b-in-public-funds-for-new-stadium/?utm_source=url_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

No offense but what exactly did you expect from the NY Post? It‘s toilet paper

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The New York Post is a tabloid... a rag... something I'd use for toilet paper in the field if I had to.

It's no Cleveland Plain Dealer...true.

5 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

The county would own the stadium,  the narrative of Billionaire owners accepting tax money is the reason why we heard the Bills will make big splash money move to offset any public criticism. In order to make a splash move the Bills need to restructure current contracts and offer signing bonuses that gets spread over the length of the extension and lowers cap number. 

For the County it's a useless asset outside of its single tenant's rent.  Plus the County will be on the hook for all cost overruns and overhead/maintenance, etc.  

4 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Didn't see the Post complain about this issue when taxpayers paid to build Yankees stadium. "The Yankees supplied $670.6 million about $1.186 billion, came in the form of public money and tax breaks". I guess because that's for the Yankees & NYC that's somehow different. Hypocrites. 

(https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/local/public-dollars-often-used-for-new-sports-stadiums-arenas/71-ee6cab82-418f-41ce-944a-6e875ac39460)

People are confusing "tax breaks" from federally funded exempt municipal bonds with "state money" handed out for stadiums.  These are mostly federal "costs" in the form of lost tax revenue.

Barkley Center got $100 million each from the City and the State.  Yankee stadium was funded with 900+million in tax exempt bonds issued by the City Of New York.

The "public" also kicked in 300 million for infrastructure and to build a park where the old stadium stood. 

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Literally the only thing preventing me from getting back into the stadium funding discussion (in the existing thread) is that I’m waiting on information from a quality, reliable source.  The NY Post obviously does not qualify.  I’m not saying that their article is correct or incorrect, just that they have no credibility.  That makes it not worth commenting on at this point.

Thank you for your comments.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

People are confusing "tax breaks" from federally funded exempt municipal bonds with "state money" handed out for stadiums.  These are mostly federal "costs" in the form of lost tax revenue.

Barkley Center got $100 million each from the City and the State.  Yankee stadium was funded with 900+million in tax exempt bonds issued by the City Of New York.

The "public" also kicked in 300 million for infrastructure and to build a park where the old stadium stood.

Setting aside the reality that tax breaks are a form of public funding (Yankees had the largest federal subsidy for a stadium in history, see below), the fact remains tax payer money ($450 mill, see below) was still paid out to help build Yankees Stadium. The Posts premise is ANY use of such money for the Pegulas to build the Bills stadium is wrong. But they had 0 problem when Steinbrenner did the same thing (no articles online, just a letter to the editor blasting the Yankees & the Post on the issue, see below). I understand people having objections to the use of public $ for such projects. But the Posts selective outrage is just dishonest. They make it sound like the Pegulas are doing something unheard of.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/brookings-now/2016/09/09/top-10-biggest-federal-subsidies-for-pro-stadiums-hint-the-yankees-are-1/

https://www.nyc.com/arts__attractions/yankee_stadium.1002975/

https://nypost.com/2009/01/20/a-bad-stadium-deal/

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Setting aside the reality that tax breaks are a form of public funding (Yankees had the largest federal subsidy for a stadium in history, see below), the fact remains tax payer money ($450 mill, see below) was still paid out to help build Yankees Stadium. The Posts premise is ANY use of such money for the Pegulas to build the Bills stadium is wrong. But they had 0 problem when Steinbrenner did the same thing (no articles online, just a letter to the editor blasting the Yankees & the Post on the issue, see below). I understand people having objections to the use of public $ for such projects. But the Posts selective outrage is just dishonest. They make it sound like the Pegulas are doing something unheard of.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/brookings-now/2016/09/09/top-10-biggest-federal-subsidies-for-pro-stadiums-hint-the-yankees-are-1/

https://www.nyc.com/arts__attractions/yankee_stadium.1002975/

https://nypost.com/2009/01/20/a-bad-stadium-deal/

This is more time and research than the Post put into printing/mistyping that “story”. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.