Haack restructures contract

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think they want to draft a punter. You can’t go into the draft with with nobody on the roster and people knowing you need a guy, so keeping Haack on the roster feels like a safety net and a bit of a smokescreen. Its a pay cut, essentially. 

Typically with other players when they did this last year they also guaranteed the contract in exchange for him accepting less money. 

If this is the case, there is no way he is getting cut.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

People on here tell me we have a top 5 NFL roster, how can that be true if we have a punter that’s ranking last in some punting metrics? 

Did you really just type this out and think it was ok to hit send? 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Beane: Matt, we can’t afford to keep you at that number but if you agree to a pay cut you can fight it out with our draft pick and if you win the job and have a good season you’ll be a free agent. If we cut you now, good luck finding a job with those stats. 

Haack: Happy to be back, sir.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

$1.135 million put him in the middle of NFL punter salaries.  I guess those guys don’t get paid much.

Good thing is the cap hit to cut him won’t be much.

He took about a million off his salary.  His original contact was over 5 million with over 3 million guaranteed.  

Edited by davefan66

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.