Buffalo Bills are reportedly interested in DE Chandler Jones

BuffaloBills1998

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

Be really nice if Rousseau would alleviate our issues and become a double digit guy next year. 

I think they're counting on leaps from both Rousseau & Epenesa, and even Oliver to an extent.  All younger guys, all big investments via the draft. 

With Rousseau, he was thisclose to getting Mahomes about 3-4 times in the KC game, but always just missed. Those are the plays he needs to start making.

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yesterday he was mean-smugging that Bills fans were going to be disappointed. :rolleyes:

Except Randy Gregory is going back to Dallas

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Broncos signing Randy Gregory. This could mean....Jones to Buffalo.

I thought Gregory was going back to Dallas? 

• Haha (+1) 3

13 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I won't bash people's opinions because they differ from mine but can I ask other than he's an 11 year vet why you think he's a risk?

That is it.  32 years old. Just worried that we would be throwing a lot of money at a guy that could be heading toward a downswing in his career. 

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

That is it.  32 years old. Just worried that we would be throwing a lot of money at a guy that could be heading toward a downswing in his career. 

Understandable then, it's a valid point. He'll break down at some point but I'm guessing it will be no more than a 1-2 year deal and will be an amazing mentor for the youngins.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

My god, 1+1 does not equal 2 for you. You brought up Deion Sanders to make a point while we were discussing Edmunds - let me reiterate again - the discussion was ABOUT Edmunds and his lack of impact plays on the field! Don’t bring up a first ballot Hall of Fame cornerback in your attempt to prove a point. You ARE comparing the two because you attempted to justify that which cannot be seen, plays that never happened. Apples to apples. Deion Sanders locked up his man, consistently, interceptions or not. The broadcast team had fun showing replays of him taking out his man. There’s no argument he was an impact defender, yet here we are debating the merits of Edmunds as such. Your comparison, no matter how much you’re reluctant to admit it, was not only wrong, but stupid.

As far as my first post in this thread… So now it’s an insult to suggest trading a player with a hefty contract to acquire another. Got it. That’s only an insult to YOU, because you clearly take my posts about Edmunds personally. Are you Mrs. Edmunds? I didn’t mean to offend your son, I just don’t think he’s worth his current cap hit. That’s my opinion, sorry. If it makes you feel better, I swear I’ve never called him a bust or said that he sucked. I’ll include photographic evidence here which supports my claim. 

You can stop your crusade now, Mrs. Edmunds. You’re tough as nails. More relentless than your son on the field. 

31070CA6-F717-4204-9222-A772DD040A2A.jpeg

I see. So, I can stop my crusade. But you can't stop yours. But it's me who's relentless? Aw, oo poow widdle boy.

Yup. Yet more of your complete abdication of responsibility. It's everyone's fault but yours. If only the mean mean poster would leave poor widdle innocent oo alone. Yes, I think we all feel so sorry for you. Did the wewentwess  mean poster hurt oo iddle feewings?

The discussion was about Edmunds, you say? Was it? Well, no, you're wrong as usual. Take a look at the title. The discussion was about Chandler Jones. That doesn't mean that everything said in the discussion after that was about Chandler Jones and that every other person mentioned was thus being compared to Chandler Jones. It doesn't mean that any more than because you our overall discussion. I wasn't comparing Deion Sanders to Chandler Jones anymore than I was comparing Deion Sanders to Edmunds. By the way apples are delicious. And right there, by mentioning apples in a discussion of Chandler Jones I've compared apples to Chandler Jones by your magnificently clueless argument. 

I was using Sanders to destroy your utterly block-headed argument that prevented actions couldn't be used to help evaluate performance. Sanders is indeed a very obvious example, showing why your argument there was pure dumbage. That's why I used him. Of course I used a good example. That's actully kind of the point of using examples to destroy pathetic arguments.

So, one more time, where are the words, the words I used to compare Deion and Tremaine. That's all you have to do. Just show the words. "Like," maybe? "Similar to," possibly? That's all you have to do to prove me wrong. Show the place where I compared Deion and Tremaine?

Folks, how do you think he's going to answer this? Ya think more insistence that anything in the same discussion is automatically a comparison? That's my guess. 

Oh, and yes, it is indeed thread-napping to join a thread about a DE which the original poster was interested in discussing, and to then leave exactly one sentence within which feel the desperate compulsion to further scapegoat a guy which a certain group of sad folks are constantly grabbing the pitchforks for. One sentence and you felt the need again to work on changing the subject with your usual "Wah, wah, wah, mommy I don't like him."

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

It's a legit concern. Jones missed all but five games of the 2020 season. And his sacks total in 2021, while very good, was his lowest since 2014.

Worth worrying about. And the money is another real concern. 

If they want him, I wouldn't mind at all, but I would feel a bit of concern about it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I see. So, I can stop my crusade. But you can't stop yours. But it's me who's relentless? Aw, oo poow widdle boy.

Yup. Yet more of your complete abdication of responsibility. It's everyone's fault but yours. If only the mean mean poster would leave poor widdle innocent oo alone. Yes, I think we all feel so sorry for you. Did the wewentwess  mean poster hurt oo iddle feewings?

The discussion was about Edmunds, you say? Was it? Well, no, you're wrong as usual. Take a look at the title. The discussion was about Chandler Jones. That doesn't mean that everything said in the discussion after that was about Chandler Jones and that every other person mentioned was thus being compared to Chandler Jones. It doesn't mean that any more than because you our overall discussion. I wasn't comparing Deion Sanders to Chandler Jones anymore than I was comparing Deion Sanders to Edmunds. By the way apples are delicious. And right there, by mentioning apples in a discussion of Chandler Jones I've compared apples to Chandler Jones by your magnificently clueless argument. 

I was using Sanders to destroy your utterly block-headed argument that prevented actions couldn't be used to help evaluate performance. Sanders is indeed a very obvious example, showing why your argument there was pure dumbage. That's why I used him. Of course I used a good example. That's actully kind of the point of using examples to destroy pathetic arguments.

So, one more time, where are the words, the words I used to compare Deion and Tremaine. That's all you have to do. Just show the words. 

Folks, how do you think he's going to answer this? Ya think more insistence that anything in the same discussion is automatically a comparison? That's my guess. 

Oh, and yes, it is indeed thread-napping to join a thread about a DE which the original poster was interested in discussing, and to then leave exactly one sentence within which feel the desperate compulsion to further scapegoat a guy which a certain group of sad folks are constantly grabbing the pitchforks for. One sentence and you felt the need again to work on changing the subject with your usual "Wah, wah, wah, mommy I don't like him."

Oh wow, looks like a child wrote that post.
Give it up, you lost. Take off your plastic rent-a-cop badge, kick up your feet and call it a day. I don’t care enough about your fallacies and irrational arguments to entertain you anymore. It’s like speaking to a child.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Oh wow, looks like a child wrote that post.
Give it up, you lost. Take off your plastic rent-a-cop badge, kick up your feet and call it a day. I don’t care enough about your fallacies and irrational arguments to entertain you anymore. It’s like speaking to a child.

Yup. Can't answer a single one of my points.

We all see what you're doing here.  "Wah! Wah! I hate Tremaine Edmunds! And I hate the mean mean wewentwess person! Wah!"

Sad, but understandable for an argumentless person.

And folks, I guess we have the answer to my question in red. He couldn't answer it, so he just ignored it.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Eyeroll 2

49 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills could go with more bonus money. This is where the Pegulas have to show they want a championship.

It really isn't. 

The team that won the most championships recently, the Pats, have never given especially big bonuses.

The Bills had a terrific roster the last two years. They have a good enough group to compete right now.

It's fair enough that you want to go that way. But the Pegulas don't have any requirement to do so. And it wouldn't go any further to show they wanted a championship if they did. Their consistent improvement the last 3 or 4 years has already showed it.

I'm no hockey fan, but even the Sabres look like they might be starting to come around.

Edited by Thurman#1